ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

ETT = Enjoy This Thread.

So is this what we're doing now? Just ripping Ross's ass for the sake of it? It was one thing when the community was discussing his past indiscretions, it's another when everyone rallys up to rip his ass cause ROFLMAONADE. I'm not making an excuse for any prior issues, but I think a lot of us here are better than this.

Forgot it. Just please don't use this as a gathering point to attack his IG/FB profiles.

Why pretend like the precedent has been set to not get at VCers off of VC? I haven't posted in this thread (prior to this post) except to comment on that lawyer guy/hated on his other social network accounts, and I don't intend to, but hasn't it already been established that you can do this and nothing will be done about it?  

When Juan unlocked the thread, he made a statement originally that insinuated that if you said something bad about Ross or posted anything bad on his social media, that you would potentially banned from here. When I talked to him about it, he re-worded it, but the overall lock of a thread that was full of prominent information regarding the actions of one of the larger "companies" in our little vinyl world doing something shady just seemed weird. 

And now Shitty Rambo is coming in here and defending Ross. Which I get it. He's a moderator too, and I haven't talked to him at all about this, and I see it as him trying to maintain the peace.

But it just seems so weird the way the moderators actions and words tend to be all defense for Ross instead of just letting the rest of the people on the boards talk or bring forth new info. 

ETT001 seemed like a legit bump for this, and someone simply said they forgot about this thread and they loved it, and it immediately turned into Shitty Rambo getting defensive on Ross's account.

I don't think this is a central location for people to attack his social media at all. Someone just brought information in here from his social media. Since when is that a crime? 

And let me follow that up before I get yelled at with the fact that I have no qualms with any moderators on these boards, and I have no skin in this ETR game. I'm not trying to cause trouble, or instigate or anything. I saw the ETT thing on IG and was surprised it went unmentioned in here for as long as it did. 

Just saying, I don't get why the warnings, threats of locks, and aggressive comments from mods are even in here.

And let me follow that up before I get yelled at with the fact that I have no qualms with any moderators on these boards, and I have no skin in this ETR game. I'm not trying to cause trouble, or instigate or anything. I saw the ETT thing on IG and was surprised it went unmentioned in here for as long as it did.

Just saying, I don't get why the warnings, threats of locks, and aggressive comments from mods are even in here.

This is the barrier between common users and peace keepers like Juan and myself. You are guys welcome to be as pissed off as you want, however, there are people band wagoning the situation and going after him off the boards using criticism they clearly grabbed from this specific thread. That puts a negative stigma on the entire community. When we ask you guys to take it back a notch it shouldn't come across as "warnings, threats of locks, and aggressive comments," we're just trying to not let this get out of hand. If this thread were about Thunderbeard Records I'd have the same feelings towards the issue. You're a person with a life and family and don't need to be hounded on all outlets, especially by some random kid who's only doing it for a laugh and will probably turn around and order the next ETR release.

This is the barrier between common users and peace keepers like Juan and myself. You are guys welcome to be as pissed off as you want, however, there are people band wagoning the situation and going after him off the boards using criticism they clearly grabbed from this specific thread. That puts a negative stigma on the entire community. When we ask you guys to take it back a notch it shouldn't come across as "warnings, threats of locks, and aggressive comments," we're just trying to not let this get out of hand. If this thread were about Thunderbeard Records I'd have the same feelings towards the issue. You're a person with a life and family and don't need to be hounded on all outlets, especially by some random kid who's only doing it for a laugh and will probably turn around and order the next ETR release.

I understand SR. As I stated, wasn't looking for trouble or trying to down any moderators here. Your explanation makes partial sense, as I can see how outsiders or even VC members using this thread as a way to find information and take that over to ETR's social media is something you want to avoid, but it's also one of those "you made the bed" situations. He's clearly doing a good job of cleaning up his pages and deleting comments. But if I flipped my rare releases for years on end, pressed more than I was supposed to, and then got caught doing so, especially after the significant amount of high-profile releases that ETR had, I would be bummed but I would not expect message board moderators to protect me from the internet. 

Just my two cents. Carry on everyone. 

Rambo is sympathetic towards labels/label owners. If a label owner posts a customer's personal info out of spite, he'll edit it out of their post but then apologize to the label guy for having done so.

I'm not going to take this off topic and make this about myself and whatever personal beefs you have with me, you must be alluding to the time you wanted me to trash talk Toby from Red Scare because you didn't like his shipping rates, you were friendly prior to that. That's neither here nor there and has absolutely nothing to do with this situation whatsoever, if you want to discuss it elsewhere I'm all ears.

That's a very choice way of summarizing that ordeal. That being said, it does have to do with what was being said. Labels getting some kind of special treatment. My point was that a label can carry on activities and not have to deal with consequences, yet an individual on here can get flamed hard by the masses and you do nothing. Even with Adam Fox and that whole thing, what did you do then? Nothing. You protected him and called people out for grabbing pitchforks after they'd been ripped off. 

That's a very choice way of summarizing that ordeal. That being said, it does have to do with what was being said. Labels getting some kind of special treatment. My point was that a label can carry on activities and not have to deal with consequences, yet an individual on here can get flamed hard by the masses and you do nothing. Even with Adam Fox and that whole thing, what did you do then? Nothing. You protected him and called people out for grabbing pitchforks after they'd been ripped off.

Adam got banned.

It was a very organic, symbolic, Montessori type ban, where he was allowed to instill his own punishment and thus grow and learn; and become just a great person because of it.

Edit: this has nothing to do with this thread. I just really can't stand Montessori schools.