ETR Superfans - Enjoy The Ride Records & More?

• 3 months later...

21 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Sucks that the only Aquabats vinyl to come out in 20 years is courtesy of this shitass

I'm curious why they haven't pressed any of their stuff. It seems like their fans would be big vinyl collectors. Are the rights for their catalogue locked down in a flooded file cabinet in some dusty basement formerly operated by Goldenvoice or something?

15 hours ago, richardsurf said:

I'm curious why they haven't pressed any of their stuff. It seems like their fans would be big vinyl collectors. Are the rights for their catalogue locked down in a flooded file cabinet in some dusty basement formerly operated by Goldenvoice or something?

I want to say Flood of Asbestos Records said something to this effect on this very message board: he was interested in pressing their early back catalog, the entire band was on board, but it was around the time that Yo Gabba Gabba was blowing up and whatever entertainment lawyer nerds own their catalog wouldn't license it out because they thought they could make bank doing it themselves.

Honestly, I would settle for a pressing of Charge!! It's their best album, and Nitro might be more willing to play ball.

Edit: found it

Edited by AlexH.

2 hours ago, AlexH. said:

I want to say Flood of Asbestos Records said something to this effect on this very message board: he was interested in pressing their early back catalog, the entire band was on board, but it was around the time that Yo Gabba Gabba was blowing up and whatever entertainment lawyer nerds own their catalog wouldn't license it out because they thought they could make bank doing it themselves.

Honestly, I would settle for a pressing of Charge!! It's their best album, and Nitro might be more willing to play ball.

Edit: found it

Thanks for finding that post. I must have read that at some point considering my Freudian-ish mental image of the rights being locked away in a flooded, asbestos-coated basement.

Bummer that they denied the licensing request but also gave up the idea of releasing them themselves.

Edited by richardsurf

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Didn't another version of this go up from another label not too long ago?  Or am I confusing that with the "score."

No, you remember right. Looks like it just came out.

http://merchnow.com/products/v2/254009/true-romance-alabama-splatter-vinyl

http://merchnow.com/products/v2/254010/true-romance-deluxe-vinyl-box-set--alabama-splatter-vinyl--blood-splatter-vinyl

Ah, nevermind, I misread the ETR graphic. Ross is putting out the score, the soundtrack just came out via the other guys.

Those Hans Zimmer compositions are going to sound great on sand-filled Pirates Press splatter vinyl.

Edited by AlexH.

• 1 month later...

In for a Guano Bowl /150

Enjoy The Ride and Enjoy The Toons, in conjunction with Morgan Creek, are proud to announce the first ever official release of the 1995 cult classic film, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls on colored vinyl and digital download. Composed and conducted by Robert Folk, the album is over 45 minutes of nostalgic adventure!

Housed in an upgraded 400gsm jacket featuring original artwork by Steven Wild, this release also includes a digital download code. This is a true companion piece to our Ace Ventura: Pet Detective release - not only are both are chock full of easter eggs hidden past the locked grooves, there are also some hidden within the gatefold artwork.

Limited edition colored vinyl variants are Nibia Flag (100 copies), Camo Monster Truck (150 copies), Guano Bowl (150 copies) and Rhino Grey (200 copies), available exclusively through Enjoy The Ride Records. Select retailers worldwide will carry the Jungle Green variant, which are limited to 400.

Edited by Tommy

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...