we've hit critical mass: United isn't accepting new customers for the time being

flood

I'm not a conductor or engineer, but I have been working on the railroad all the live-long day.

I work on the mechanical side. It sucks but it pays well ;)

Still pretty neat. Trains have always interested me, but in a, "someday I'll learn something about trains" way.

Still pretty neat. Trains have always interested me, but in a, "someday I'll learn something about trains" way.

I'm sometimes impressed by the sheer amount of weight these things can pull, but will always be freaked out by the weirdos who stand by the yard and lose their minds over these pieces of shit lol.

They call themselves "foamers"

Because they 'foam at the mouth'

It makes my soul cringe

I'm sometimes impressed by the sheer amount of weight these things can pull, but will always be freaked out by the weirdos who stand by the yard and lose their minds over these pieces of shit lol.

It makes my soul cringe

Hahaha

If you wanna know about defunct midwestern electric interurban rail lines, I'm your guy!

Hrm...perhaps I'lil shoot some questions your way someday when I'm ready

I love that people are saying that this "squeezes out those indie labels/bands that honestly kept those plants from closing for the last 20 years..." If they kept them running for 20 years, they'd have to be existing customers. I think this is United saying thanks to the smaller labels who've been with them for years, not squeezing them out.  And regarding new labels, this doesn't mean the can't exist at worst it just means they can't have a RSD release, or if they do they just need to press it elsewhere. 

It makes my soul cringe

So that's what my father-in-law is.

Color irritates me because it's usually case of fashion over function; colors, opaque more so than others, tend to be noisy. And to people who do buy expensive turntables and play their records, this sucks. Clear colors usually sound fine, but those ugly ass opaque splatter bullshit colors... They look like shit and usually sound worse.

wah wah wah wah. 

i have a lot of colored records that sound better than plain black. There also isn't any concrete proof that plain black is better sounding than color. People say that based on what they own, and i just said the opposite. So now who is right. 

wah wah wah wah. 

i have a lot of colored records that sound better than plain black. There also isn't any concrete proof that plain black is better sounding than color. People say that based on what they own, and i just said the opposite. So now who is right. 

you're putting all black records in one category and all colored records in another. 

there are many variables that facilitate whether or not a record sounds good. color is one of them. the reason you have colored records that sound better than other black records is because they were probably made at different plants, by different mastering engineers, from different audio sources, with varying degrees of attention to detail. some plants churn out shit after shit, and some labels don't know what good audio sounds like and source their records from low-quality mp3s. putting that shit on black (or colored) vinyl doesn't make it sound good.

some plants also use recycled black vinyl (or labels choose this because it's cheaper) and those probably won't sound better than virgin colored vinyl. 

I love that people are saying that this "squeezes out those indie labels/bands that honestly kept those plants from closing for the last 20 years..." If they kept them running for 20 years, they'd have to be existing customers. I think this is United saying thanks to the smaller labels who've been with them for years, not squeezing them out.  And regarding new labels, this doesn't mean the can't exist at worst it just means they can't have a RSD release, or if they do they just need to press it elsewhere. 

You really don't seem to understand DIY labels. 

I was born in 1988

I started buying records in 2006

IN A WAY I DO.

Exactly the same here, must coincide with turning 18.  I remember listening to Muppet story book records when I was a kid until my parent got a CD player and it got put away and then I dug it out the summer between high school and college.  I started thrifting records in college and it's been all downhill (uphill?) from there buying new presses of bands I liked and the weird stuff you find thrifting sometimes.