we've hit critical mass: United isn't accepting new customers for the time being

flood

According to the FRA if railroaders were to strike the country would shut the fuck down within 24 hours. Not sure how true that is, but I can say that over the last 6 years I've noticed that with online sales around the holidays becoming more and more commonplace we were pulling maybe 6 times the freight then we usually do. This is always peak season but we expanded our UPS contract and got slammed especially hard this year.

Real talk.  How much vinyl comes on trains?

Anyone who worked with United in the early 2000's probably had to deal with that call from Beth telling you that your job has been delayed because of some new Elvis Presley repress that bumped your job.  This was long before RSD and the nu vinyl boom.  This isn't anything new, and bigger jobs, and clients bump smaller ones all the time, in pretty much any industry.  United not taking new clients makes them actually look better than if they continued to take new jobs, and extended the turnaround to even more comical lengths.  

Also, our Code Orange and Punch LPs were delayed because the train that they were on derailed.  So yeah.  

The one thing that is really intriguing for me in this entire vinyl revival and the rise of Crosley turntables and just overall very limited knowledge of the hobby for many of the casual listeners ---  at least these people are (hopefully) listening to records again.  I feel like with the rise of the digital market, people were much more interested in just buying the one single, and much less interested in listening to the rest of an artist's album.  Maybe now this has and will continue to lead to more full records being played.  That's my one comment on this.  I'm aware a lot of people just collect, but hopefully a ton of people are getting into music again.

really?

I mean, I see people wearing them, but in New England, people have always worn them. I don't feel like I'm seeing them now any more or less than usual.

When you arrive in Boston, you're handed a pair of khakis, duckboots and given a haircut. For such a politically liberal place, it's oddly conformist.

Anyone who worked with United in the early 2000's probably had to deal with that call from Beth telling you that your job has been delayed because of some new Elvis Presley repress that bumped your job.  This was long before RSD and the nu vinyl boom.  This isn't anything new, and bigger jobs, and clients bump smaller ones all the time, in pretty much any industry.  United not taking new clients makes them actually look better than if they continued to take new jobs, and extended the turnaround to even more comical lengths.  

Also, our Code Orange and Punch LPs were delayed because the train that they were on derailed.  So yeah.  

oh man don't speak ill of Beth.. she rules.  Ive been getting decent turn times from URP for a while now... Rainbo.. now that's an entirely different animal... our last job through them took 9 FREAKING MONTHS