we've hit critical mass: United isn't accepting new customers for the time being

flood

They wouldn't do that unless they banked on business continuing to boom. 

If by "boom" they mean "the fad crashing and burning" they are right on the money. It's like those LL Bean duck boots- they are trendy right now, they've always been around, and will continue to be around, but one day your little sister is going to go through your closet and say to herself "WTF was she thinking with these?" <end fad>

really?

I mean, I see people wearing them, but in New England, people have always worn them. I don't feel like I'm seeing them now any more or less than usual.

Yeah. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/04/ll-bean-boots-demand_n_6268932.html. I'm an undergrad and all of my 18-20 odd year old classmates rock them exactly like this:

5f3ad18788a773f86b5e3a18bf2f83eb.jpg

Roughly 7 years.

all the more reason for the inevitable dying out...

I think we're far from the end of the bubble. I can't tell you how many of those Crosley vintage-style suitcase record players popped up on my Facebook and IG feeds on/after Christmas.

It's terrifying. I can almost hear those shitty wonderful and completely necessary Urban Outfitters reissues screaming in agony... and sounding like shit the voice of God because everything sounds infinitely better on vinyl.

I think we're far from the end of the bubble. I can't tell you how many of those Crosley vintage-style suitcase record players popped up on my Facebook and IG feeds on/after Christmas.

It's terrifying. I can almost hear those shitty wonderful and completely necessary Urban Outfitters reissues screaming in agony... and sounding like shit the voice of God because everything sounds infinitely better on vinyl.

eww

I think people believe that the bubble is much bigger than it may actually be. Every year for the past 4-5 years its assumed "well, this bubble is gonna pop soon", and yet it doesn't. Perhaps more and more people buying are actually in it for a longer haul than a fad. There may just be a new, larger baseline of people that enjoy vinyl. Not saying there isn't a bubble, but I think given the growth and the longevity of that growth, I'm not so sure its solely because people think its trendy.

I'm not so sure its solely because people think its trendy.

I'm not saying it's everyone, but one of my younger classmates bought a Crosley because he said, "vinyl are becoming cool and I want to be in like all the hipsters that come into my shop (Starbucks)...oh and to annoy my boyfriend when I play T-swizzle all day." This was in November.

one of my younger classmates bought a Crosley because he said, "vinyl are becoming cool and I want to be in like all the hipsters that come into my shop (Starbucks)...oh and to annoy my boyfriend when I play T-swizzle all day." This was in November.

post-29112-Bryan-Cranston-speechless-gif

In all honesty I got into it about 10 years ago while I was working at Goodwill and realized how fucking cool LPs were (not that other people thought they were cool, I just thought they were rad. At that point I think maybe one of my friends had any records at all.)

At this point it's become more of a habit than anything.

Plus, if I weren't buying records, I'd be just downloading mp3s for free and not supporting most artists I listen to.

If by "boom" they mean "the fad crashing and burning" they are right on the money. It's like those LL Bean duck boots- they are trendy right now, they've always been around, and will continue to be around, but one day your little sister is going to go through your closet and say to herself "WTF was she thinking with these?" <end fad>

I was on Beans today trying to get a new pair. They were back order until April 2015.

So basically United and Beans are in the same boat.

Just out of curiosity, how many of You guys and gals have parents that are baby boomers as opposed to generation X'rs?

I think I may technically be a Gen Y'er. Born in 1986.

I was on Beans today trying to get a new pair. They were back order until April 2015.

So basically United and Beans are in the same boat. I can live with the United decision but the boots better show up before mid season.

I still dig duckboots. Even more reason to love the Daderson.