we've hit critical mass: United isn't accepting new customers for the time being

flood

wah wah wah wah.

i have a lot of colored records that sound better than plain black. There also isn't any concrete proof that plain black is better sounding than color. People say that based on what they own, and i just said the opposite. So now who is right.

Let's see... I've played a split color lp, clear green on one side, opaque white on the other. Surface noise increased as it plays over the opaque white. Is this an exception? Possibly. But from my observations, opaque colors have more clicks and an overall higher noise floor. I have black ones that are noisy too, usually from the 70s or new pressed at United. Go figure.

Then again, maybe all colors sound equally shitty on your Crosley... :-)

Let's see... I've played a split color lp, clear green on one side, opaque white on the other. Surface noise increased as it plays over the opaque white. Is this an exception? Possibly. But from my observations, opaque colors have more clicks and an overall higher noise floor. I have black ones that are noisy too, usually from the 70s or new pressed at United. Go figure.

Then again, maybe all colors sound equally shitty on your Crosley... :-)

://////////////////////////////////////

i have a u-turn turntable

Black vinyl is opaque vinyl too. :ph34r:

Not like white or pastel is. White pigment is a different beast than black. Hard to explain... Also if you hold black up to the light you can usually see through it. It tends to be translucent. It takes less pigment to make something look black than solid white. Does that make sense?

Translucent colors are supposed to sound better than opaque colors, excluding black of course.

Not according to some on this board. Though this is the conclusion I've come to. And there's a jazz label that only presses on clear vinyl for that reason. I'm pretty sure there's something to it.

Fuck trains it's 2015. Antiquated motherfuckers.

According to the FRA if railroaders were to strike the country would shut the fuck down within 24 hours. Not sure how true that is, but I can say that over the last 6 years I've noticed that with online sales around the holidays becoming more and more commonplace we were pulling maybe 6 times the freight then we usually do. This is always peak season but we expanded our UPS contract and got slammed especially hard this year.

They gave us each BBQ utensils as a gift this year, an old-timer I work with said "They gave us this because we keep getting the meat every fucking day!"

Let's get back on topic, black vinyl sounds the most punk.