In the distant future when we look back on this time we will be divided into two groups - those who were scammed by VYNL and those who were not.  Those of us who were wise enough to not fall for kitsch and the draw of Engelbert Humperdink's greatest hits and those who look back with sadness at their #unfulfilledvibes.  

Also why are they differentiating HAND-curated?  Is there another way to physically grab things from a dollar bin?

and their general use of 'curated' irks me. Being a curator used to mean you were an educated individual with a high profile position in the world of exhibits and museums. Now it seems to just mean 'compiling shit'.

and their general use of 'curated' irks me. Being a curator used to mean you were an educated individual with a high profile position in the world of exhibits and museums. Now it seems to just mean 'compiling shit'.

Curating Sundays are the worst. I have to curate all of my dog's poop before I cut the grass. #vibes

Exactly.  Until this debacle I'd never heard of the word used outside of art or at the very least in a professional context.  These records are hand curated vs all those other silly record clubs that handle records with their teeth.  Gadlfjasdflkajsdf;asdjfaflkdsjfasdkl!!!!!

Leaked VNYL controversy response hash-tags

Prepared by BrickHouse Marketing Firm

#shakeitoff

#badblood

#bees?

#notownedbyjayz

#hatersgonhate

#ujelly

#umad

#itsthevinylcountdown

#arresteddevelopmentonnetflix

#pizza

#swag

#YOLO

#FOMO

#vinylismyboyfriend

#lonelygirlslovevinyl

#imimlovewiththecoco

#mynameisjeff

#wholetthedogsout

#lol

In 15-20 years, HBO is going to produce a documentary about VNYL featuring interviews from former employees who defected from the Venice store. They'll talk about how no one has seen Teal in several years and Nick Alt's lawyers will refute the rumors by saying she is happy, well, and busy curating at their private Long Beach base.