47 minutes ago, ryanwtaylor said:

I work at Sonos and have seen and heard it. It works. So does the Spotify integration. Pretty cool piece of kit. It's on demo now at the Goodland Hotel in Goleta working with Sonos if anyone wants to see it. Believe it or not the hotel has a #vnyl pop-up store inside. 

Interesting. Since you are a willing eyewitness, can you tell us who makes the turntable and/or it's various parts? 

3 minutes ago, The Real Nick Alt said:

You guys are getting hung up on specs when really, the only thing that matters are the #vibes. 

Don't you mean #vbs ??

(By which I mean Vinyl BS...)

Edited by unknown pleasures

9 hours ago, ryanwtaylor said:

I work at Sonos and have seen and heard it. It works. So does the Spotify integration. Pretty cool piece of kit. It's on demo now at the Goodland Hotel in Goleta working with Sonos if anyone wants to see it. Believe it or not the hotel has a #vnyl pop-up store inside. 

I hear my new ProJect Essential II Digital isn't compatible with the Sonos ecosystem because it's relegated to 16-bit, care to comment?

23 hours ago, firefoxussr said:

I hear my new ProJect Essential II Digital isn't compatible with the Sonos ecosystem because it's relegated to 16-bit, care to comment?

@firefoxussr Don't know a lot about that TT, but just looked it up and think it's 24/96 out of the optical. Sonos only supports 16/44, you you'd have to use the analog out of the Essential to play through Sonos unless the TT has multiple digital out options. The only Sonos product that has optical input is Playbar anyway, which wouldn't really be the right setup imo (though I do listen to a lot of vinyl through my playbar + sub setup). 

3 hours ago, ryanwtaylor said:

@firefoxussr Don't know a lot about that TT, but just looked it up and think it's 24/96 out of the optical. Sonos only supports 16/44, you you'd have to use the analog out of the Essential to play through Sonos unless the TT has multiple digital out options. The only Sonos product that has optical input is Playbar anyway, which wouldn't really be the right setup imo (though I do listen to a lot of vinyl through my playbar + sub setup). 

I knew it!  Yay for high price CDQ-only equip in 2016.

Edited by firefoxussr
fuckery

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...