I keep getting advertisements for them on Snapchat which is really confusing, I know ads get generated based of interests, like your Google search histroy, but how the fuck does Snapchat know I collect vinyl? I do post my vinyl on there occasionally, but that's scary if they're generating ads based off your snaps.

• 1 month later...

So I've seen "VNYL" around on Facebook ads or whatever, never paid much attention to it till tonight when I discovered this thread. All I can say is...
What a wild ride!

From the Kickstarter backers paying $24 for dollar store records, to Nick Alt clearly using his 36K to launch his now-dead store. Oh and when the backers couldn't return their records because VNYL realized that was illegal, incredible! Then the pivot to new records you could just order yourself off Amazon for less money. Now with the Crosly-owning, groove-touching, teenage YouTubers  (who are either clearly being paid and not disclosing it or trying real hard to get free records) crying over a Mumford and Sons album they just OMG LOVE SO MUCH (yet never bought).
It's 2am I made it half way through this thread (after starting with some of the later pages) but to top it all off, I only just had the realization that this is the same company that's launching the wireless turntable.  This is the thread that keeps on giving. Thank you all!

• 7 months later...