why do people fall for stuff like this? people really have enough income and are too lazy to buy the music they already like?

Young professionals having their "quarter life crisis" when they realize they don't have an identity, so they pay for subscription services like this one that can build one for them. Vinyl is a safe choice for a hobby, because you just have to obtain the dang things and keep them in your living room, plus most people have a passing knowledge of music so it's not hard to build a collection that passes muster with the kind of people they hang out with. Plus vinyl is still exotic to most people, but not so niche or outré that it's a turn off for potential sexual partners. Hell, it could get you laid if you have that Fitz and the Tantrums record she likes.

I can't respect it, but I get it.

There are so many of these popping up now and they are all ridiculous...excdept turntable kitchen. That is kinda brilliant. I also like the idea of Feed Bands though since it presses albums for bands. Just haven't heard very many bands I like from that.

All the other vinyl subscriptions need to stop!

From the kickstarter page-

"This curated approach may not be for everyone, but we think there's quite a few people with turntables yet little access to quality record stores offering vinyl at reasonable prices."

Yea man, totally!

I don't know why, but people waxing poetic (see what I did there) about pieces of plastic with music on them gives me the worst second hand embarrassment.

Wow, ok. I should set up RCRDs, I have so many thousands of records in my basement ranging from (A)ldo Nova to Warren (Z)evon that I would absolutely love to get 12 dollars for.  

lol 

too bad all the suckers that would fall for this have already backed VNYL....

Just make it $10 bucks a month and VNYL will be BLCKBSTR real quick.

Honestly though, this is just so dumb. Buy old lps at your local record store so not only are you supporting them but you can also get a record you actually want at a better price. 

wait.... so you get a pack of records every month and when you're done listening to them you send them back to get a new pack?

It's like netflix by mail for vinyl?

Do the people who came up with this idea know that most people who will buy into this probably have no idea how to handle records and will be playing them on crosleys with dull needles?

Am I crazy or is the price actually around $2 - $3 to borrow a record. For $10 you get 1 shipment... of three records. 

There are plenty of reasons why people aren't into this, mostly the prose used in the Kickstarter, but it doesn't actually seem like a terrible deal unless I am missing hidden costs. 

That's the thing. ^^