M83 - Saturdays = Youth

This is my first time posting on a website like this, any help at all would be hugely appreciated. I am just getting into vinyl and so far Ive got a few records under my belt, but my favourite album of all time is m83's Saturdays = youth.

For the last few days I have been going over page after page of google searches in hope of someone selling and the only one I have found is on discogs thats going to cost me $140. So I wanted to ask some people who would know what they are talking about if that is my only option, or is there another way I could get the album for a less dramatic price (relative to my other records).

Again, any help would be hugely appreciated.

cheers.

According to popsike you should be able to find one around the $50 mark on ebay: http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=m83+saturdays&incldescr=&sortord=ddate&thumbs=&currsel=

Search for it on ebay and click on "follow this search" so you'll receive an email when a copy pops up.

I wasn't aware of this either. Rather unfortunate as I really like the album and have passed up on it several times for what would now be a steal. Oh well.

I bought it like two years ago back when we got nearly free records via best buy, i may have listened to it once. had no clue it had value beyond retail price. 

i like them a lot i've just rarely been in the mood to listen to it as a whole album. much prefer dead cities

this is one of those artists who i'm glad i got into before people starting flipping records that were pressed in quantities of thousands for absurd prices. i'm pretty sure there was a big repress of his discography around 2009/2010 and i was able to pick them all up locally.

it sucks that people are asking that much though considering its not very limited

Thanks for so many reply's guys. m83's albums are all great in my opinion. I was interested as well  as to why they are so hard to come by. Do you think they just didn't press many? Ill keep my eyes peeled as you've said and just wait. But when that copy finally shows up, I'm going to pounce. 

Two of the three or four posts before you all said that it was pressed in the thousands.

this is one of those artists who i'm glad i got into before people starting flipping records that were pressed in quantities of thousands for absurd prices. i'm pretty sure there was a big repress of his discography around 2009/2010 and i was able to pick them all up locally.

it sucks that people are asking that much though considering its not very limited

yeah, it's weird. it always shocks me when huge pressings that seem "unlimited" like this just happen to run out, and the label just doesn't keep the flow going

• 1 month later...