PO: Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (3/31/15)

10k is probably the worldwide number. I think AK knows, by now, how many copies of a new sufjan album will sell. Especially when they do high quality pressings and sell them for $13. (You know, how much records are supposed to cost). 

Plus he did say "we're pressing more black than clear". AK keeps their stuff in print. With this many being pressed, I'm expecting a big tour. 

AK replied to me on FB when I asked about an EU clear: "The clear variant will be available in EU through your normal record purchasing channels James."

So don't think the clear will be too limited. Hopefully (for me).

Thanks for finding that out. AK did the same with Enjoy Your Rabbit and I didn't know they were doing that when I ordered it from their site.

There is going to be a UK version on white that is limited to 1500. If anybody cares to pay 15 pounds to ship a record, go for it: http://www.lostinvinyl.org/preorder-now/sufjan-stevens-carrie-lowell-ltd-white-vinyl-lp-release-date-30th-march

The listing says:

This white vinyl LP is limited to just 1500 copies in the UK and is only available from independent retailers such as ourselves.

Which to me says there may well be more than 1500 copies; that is just the number on sale in the UK.

I have a love-hate relationship with Sufjan. I find his music can be amazing, but sometimes his personality is obnoxious and pretentious.

But I can definitely get behind pricing a new album at $13. Good on him/the label for that. I guarantee he sells more copies because of the price.