Death Cab For Cutie - Kintsugi (Out March 31st!)

definitely will be a grower for me, doesn't catch me the way Narrow Stairs did.

edit: Hold No Guns could be a McCartney song, the "no not a one" line made me think of that

Definitely agree with the Narrow Stairs comment - I've only listened to this twice thus far, and while it's better than Codes and Keys imo it still isn't hitting me as hard as Narrow Stairs did. Then again, I'm not really the biggest fan of Plans either so who knows - curious to see if it grows for me. I have hope!

Streamed yesterday and...meh. Not one memorable song outside Black Sun. Reports of "best album since Plans" are wildly overstated.

Agree totally, if Plans was an 8 on a 1-10 scale this is like a 3, just seems over produced, childish rhythms and funky song structures, not in a good way. I can stomach it but not a very good showing imo from death cab. I was excited to but eh, it is was it is. 

I'm not really buying into the praise either because they're saying "best album since Plans". Is that like a total disregard for Narrow Stairs? I think Plans may have better singles, but Narrow Stairs is one hell of an album all the way through. Excited to listen to this tho... waiting for the hard copy first