PO: Failure - New Album (Pledgemusic)

I've noticed that every time an artist does a PledgeMusic campaign, everything is wildly overpriced. I think the cheapest I've seen a 1xLP on there for is $35, and most are more.

I looked it up and PM takes 15% commission, which seemed to me like a lot. Kickstarter takes 5% for themselves and 3-5% to cover Amazon Payments fees.

I've noticed that every time an artist does a PledgeMusic campaign, everything is wildly overpriced. I think the cheapest I've seen a 1xLP on there for is $35, and most are more.

I looked it up and PM takes 15% commission, which seemed to me like a lot. Kickstarter takes 5% for themselves and 3-5% to cover Amazon Payments fees.

yeah, way more than I'd like to pay. it PledgeMusic pretty much just preorders, or is there a goal I'm not seeing that they have to meet like kickstarter? These crowdfunding sites are always overpriced and sketchy for music. Like Spookey Ruben is trying to fund his new album on Indiegogo and one of the "rewards" is his first album on vinyl for the first time. I'd love that, but it's $60 and with Indiegogo they get the money no matter what. it doesn't look like he'll meet the goal, so you're out money and nothing gets pressed?

I think for this I'll sit it out and wait for the retail copy.

I paid $25 for my Fantastic Planet new. I'll hold out on this one until the larger commercial release

Plus the wife would kill me if I dropped $50 on another record

Ditto, but I think I could escape getting this for 50 without getting killed... I THINK.

You better play it safe then.

Did you also get the shirt when you bought the FP record?  For some reason I don't like it.  I didn't realize that it was going to be a shirt promoting the record release... I assumed it would be more like my original shirt that I bought at a show in 97.

For some reason it seems stupid to me that it says "Double Vinyl" on the front and has the four center labels on the back.

I'll throw money at this band all day long. They're one of the very few.

This is kind of how I feel.

I'll probably help fund so I can get a copy ASAP.

It would be cool if it was in some way differentiated from the standard commercial release.

We'll see.

I'll throw money at this band all day long. They're one of the very few.

the problem is that Failure isn't going to get the whole $50. as others said, Pledgemusic is taking a cut. If Failure wanted to sell this direct on their web site for $30, I'd happily pay and know that just about all of it would go to the band. This process is introducing a middle man that's increasing the price. I'd rather pay Amazon than Pledgemusic.