Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

they seem like people who would just want any record because a small quantity was pressed. also are they together? does their collection mirror each others? they both had a copy of run the jewels. i feel like they dont even know about killer mike or el-p to really appreciate run the jewels. just another record that they need to have because its cool or a lot of people want it. i collect with my girlfriend but we dont get two copies of everything.

i could be wrong, maybe they are just friends who live in separate houses.

I won't knock the doubles because GODDAMN does it suck when you break up and lose some of your favorite LPs to the madness.

This. When my wife and I split, I lost the All-American Rejects self-titled on red, OG. I'm still trying to figure out how to sweet talk the bitch out of it.

its the risk you take when you get married or are with someone - just like furniture or pets. 

but i understand and i get that it would suck, if anything were to happen to us she know's she cant touch my 311. she can have the hardcore tests haha and everything else. we collect together with similar interests but different enough that i wouldnt want it myself. if that makes sense 

maybe start by not calling her a "bitch"...

Didn't feel the need to go into detail, but I'm not gonna be made out to be a mysoginist.

I woke up at 5 am to my wife coming home, with another dude. I'll call her whatever the fuck I want from that point on.

Here's a bit of much needed perspective for ya'll

What if someone had a terminal disease and couldn't afford the medical care, and was trying to make money in any way possible, and found they could by flipping records? Would that make them a "turd" just because you couldn't get your precious out of print wax disks for a price YOU personally find fair? Christ.

Just an example, an extreme one mind you, to illustrate how fuckin self righteous this board is.

INT. HANK'S GARAGE - DAY

Walt looks over Hank's shoulder as Hank clicks the trackpad on the Macbook Pro.  We see that he is browsing a vinyl forum.

WALT

So...this is what you do all day?

HANK

Yeah, Walter.  It beats giving handies under the ABQ bridge.

WALT

What are we looking for...exactly?

HANK

Well, right now there's a real scumbag flipping an ETID 7" for a $15 profit.  We have his VC username but we need to find his Discogs account in order to nail him.

Walt's curiosity spikes as he takes in this information.

WALT

They...make money doing that?

HANK

Yeah, the bastards stand in line for 7 hours, buy a limited edition record, and then they flip it for $20-150 Washingtons.

Walt points to a JPEG of Deja Entendu.

WALT

How much would I...theoretically...if I were to flip that record there, how much would I make?

Hank swivels in his leather computer chair to face Walt.  Hank gives him a cold stare.

HANK

If you flipped this record...

Walt gives a hard gulp.

HANK

...you'd make over $200.  

Walt's eyes open wide.

HANK

But I'd have to take you down.  

Walt snaps back to reality.  He realizes he's sweating.  A little too much.

HANK

My own brother in law.  (Pause)

The ensuing silence is deafening.

HANK

I'm just kidding!  You'd never be able to pull off something like that.  You're an adult.  These dickholes are all under 30.  (to himself) Hah! Imagine that.  Walter White flipping White Stripes LPs.

Walt laughs along with Hank.  We see, however, that he is up to something in his mind.

EXT.  VINYL HERMANOS - DAY

Walt pulls into the parking lot of a record store.  He exits his car and walks inside the store.

INT. VINYL HERMANOS - DAY

We see a clean, well stocked record store.  Walt looks around for someone.  

Walt sees a 22 year old punk girl.  He shakes his head and focuses on a 56 year old man in a long white goatee and a stained t-shirt.  He shakes his head again. We can tell that Walt might not know exactly who he is looking for.

MAN'S VOICE

(cheery)

May I help you?

Walt turns and sees a tall, olive-skinned man in glasses.  The Tall Man smiles.

WALT

Hi.  I'm looking for...someone who can help me with a...Record Store Day scenario.

TALL MAN

I'm sorry but Record Store Day was last weekend.  Would you like to buy a 45 adaptor?

The Tall Man holds up a plastic red adapter.

WALT

No.  I'll just...browse then.

TALL MAN

(voice changes to a more serious tone)

Maybe you should browse over in the jazz aisle.

Walt lifts his eye brow.  He understands what the Tall Man is saying.

INT. VINYL HERMANOS - JAZZ AISLE - DAY

Walt looks at a reissue of Kind of Blue.  He sees the price

and quickly places it back on the shelf.

TALL MAN

You would like to do business.

WALT

Yes.

TALL MAN

You know who I am?

Walt nods.

WALT

Fring.

TALL MAN

Kess Fring.

Walt takes a deep breath before continuing.  Kess Fring looks at him, intrigued.

WALT

I want to flip 4 copies of the Pete and Pete Soundtrack.

Kess Fring says nothing.  He looks over Walt's shoulder at a skinny indie kid who is a little too close to their conversation.

WALT

So...can you help me?

Kess Fring gives Walt one last slow look over.

KESS

(serious tone)

I own a vinyl cleaning plant.  On the other side of town.  Meet me there tomorrow at 1pm.

(cheery)

Hello!  May I help you?

The Skinny Indie Kid turns around.

SKINNY INDIE KID

Do you have any clear Sufjans?

BLACKOUT.