Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

By far my best bang for the buck.T01nYq1.jpg

Yep. Was stoked to pick this up just to put on wall. Have no intention of listening to it. Just looks amazing.

Edit: Three downvotes because I don't want to spin it? Don't hate me. It comes with a poster, insert, and cool looking red vinyl. The movie is awesome. I'm a Lone Wolf & Cub fan, have read all the manga, and have seen all the movies. Is this not a collective forum for collectors that want to physically own something that makes them happy?

So enough of this rare stuff, how about RSD titles you were excited about that turns out aren't in demand. I was pumped for GWAR and the local shop didn't get any, so I ordered online first chance I could and it turns out this might still be sitting around for next RSD...

My shop got this late... as well as a ton of other stuff. They also still have stuff from last year like the Live Mastodon. 

I thought that Reverend Horton Heat single was gonna be hard to find, but nope.

So enough of this rare stuff, how about RSD titles you were excited about that turns out aren't in demand. I was pumped for GWAR and the local shop didn't get any, so I ordered online first chance I could and it turns out this might still be sitting around for next RSD...

I don't get it. Why does that bother you?

If YOU were pumped for it, who cares if it's not a big seller?

I don't get it. Why does that bother you?

If YOU were pumped for it, who cares if it's not a big seller?

I'm not bothered at all.  The point of my comment was that I couldn't get this locally, so I thought it was gonna be one of those hard-to-get ones that I would have to track down.  Turns out it wasn't.  I thought that was funny, so I shared the thought here.  I don't care about the expected "value" or " demand" of records, I buy records that I want to listen to. 

I should have added a smiley face or something after my initial comment so that it was clear I wasn't complaining about anything.

I'm not bothered at all.  The point of my comment was that I couldn't get this locally, so I thought it was gonna be one of those hard-to-get ones that I would have to track down.  Turns out it wasn't.  I thought that was funny, so I shared the thought here.  I don't care about the expected "value" or " demand" of records, I buy records that I want to listen to. 

I should have added a smiley face or something after my initial comment so that it was clear I wasn't complaining about anything.

Haha, my bad broseph. I took it as you being disappointed.

I got almost everything I wanted and I didn't even attend RSD. One from Discogs (Hedwig), two from labels (Decemberists and Pizza Underground), and one from a friend at RSD (Against Me!). I'm still looking to pick up the Gwar, but I'm in no hurry on that one. Nothing was too difficult or too marked up. :)

Cool opinion, bro. :)

Maybe I was mistaken when I assumed it would be a 'nacho-ed' rendition of those songs when the 7" was announced, but I can't believe I'm the only one.  They are 2 bands that sound wildly different.  The songs are good, it just isn't what I expected or really wanted.

For anyone who didn't pick it up, the 2 covers are streaming at Bandcamp:

https://runforcoverrecords.bandcamp.com/album/weezer-nachos

Hey, I don't know if this has been established, but I found out the Run the Jewels isn't actually a pic disc. Just for anyone who was dissuaded to purchase it because of that.

Actually, they are picture discs. Each one can be activated by placing the album in a microwave for 15 seconds.