Bucketh{r}ead

Faucet

is this legit?

seen anything else on it?

The amazon seller is ION Records, who own the rights to this album, so my guess is it's legit. I messaged Norman from ION on Facebook about further details, awaiting reply.

Not crazy about the random bonus tracks. Would rather it was just the album, but... WHO CARES? POPULATION OVERRIDE!

The amazon seller is ION Records, who own the rights to this album, so my guess is it's legit. I messaged Norman from ION on Facebook about further details, awaiting reply.

Not crazy about the random bonus tracks. Would rather it was just the album, but... WHO CARES? POPULATION OVERRIDE!

Great catch! That definitely adds layers of legitimacy to all of this!

Did you ask about pressing info? or just "is this real?" ? haha

Great catch! That definitely adds layers of legitimacy to all of this!

Did you ask about pressing info? or just "is this real?" ? haha

I just asked for some more details, and told him I was stoked on it. People are buzzing about it on the .tk and buckethead-coop, one guy even said he'd seen these sold on eBay before, but I checked popsike, and there's no record of this ever being sold, so I think he's mistaken.

Also, about the Axiology press that started this thread: Travis has voiced some concerns about doing that album, as it's too long for a single LP, and he can't shell out for a 2xLP yet. He does sound semi-optimistic about something vinyl-related coming down the pipe soon. Stay tuned about that.

I just asked for some more details, and told him I was stoked on it. People are buzzing about it on the .tk and buckethead-coop, one guy even said he'd seen these sold on eBay before, but I checked popsike, and there's no record of this ever being sold, so I think he's mistaken.

Also, about the Axiology press that started this thread: Travis has voiced some concerns about doing that album, as it's too long for a single LP, and he can't shell out for a 2xLP yet. He does sound semi-optimistic about something vinyl-related coming down the pipe soon. Stay tuned about that.

Good to hear. Thanks!

Travis should release a 'sure-thing' single LP - like some small run of a Buckethead album and sure up funds for a 2xLP

you might wanna try ION on twitter, looks like their FB page hasn't been used in years (last post Oct. 2011)... whereas the twitter feed is active as of days ago

https://twitter.com/ion_records

ask for pressing number if you can

you might wanna try ION on twitter, looks like their FB page hasn't been used in years (last post Oct. 2011)... whereas the twitter feed is active as of days ago

https://twitter.com/ion_records

ask for pressing number if you can

That's the wrong ION Records. I made the same mistake too. I found the right ION's Facebook, (correct, it hasn't been used since '11), but it had a link to Norman's other business page, which was active very recently. That's who I emailed.

Someone should play scavenger hunt and find out who currently owns the rights to Giant Robot, Colma, and Electric Tears. All of those labels went extinct years ago, what happens to the album rights when that happens?

Think Travis D. would know over in the forums?

Also - I ended up placing an order for PO off that Amazon site and asked some questions about release details via the Amazon buyer/seller comm page. We'll see who get's answers first (or at all)! haha

From Norman @ ION via Facebook:

"Hi Topher,

Yep, it is legit. Only available through us right now. Full album plus bonus tracks (mainly compiled from Cobra Strike albums), gatefold sleeve. Give us a call tomorrow at *** *** **** if you have any more questions. Best wishes!"

I asked about pressing numbers. Will let you know what he says.

Gatefold!

From Norman @ ION via Facebook:

"Hi Topher,

Yep, it is legit. Only available through us right now. Full album plus bonus tracks (mainly compiled from Cobra Strike albums), gatefold sleeve. Give us a call tomorrow at *** *** **** if you have any more questions. Best wishes!"

I asked about pressing numbers. Will let you know what he says.

Gatefold!

Excellent!