Bucketh{r}ead

Faucet

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Faucet said:

we should see some of these start to ship in the next few weeks. apparently EMAC limited editions are shipping next week.

I emailed the pikes service because I wasn't getting any shipments and they said since I ordered a bunch of records they were waiting to ship them when they're all released. So I have to wait till the last one is out (Who knows when that'll be) before I can get Sparks and the other ones already out. Anyone else experiencing this too? 

8 hours ago, Big Country said:

I emailed the pikes service because I wasn't getting any shipments and they said since I ordered a bunch of records they were waiting to ship them when they're all released. So I have to wait till the last one is out (Who knows when that'll be) before I can get Sparks and the other ones already out. Anyone else experiencing this too? 

That’s horrible. The lack of communication is the worst. I had to exchange my Sparks In The Dark because the pressing was straight up bad. Pikes received my returned  copy back on February 19, but I haven’t heard a thing about when I’ll get my replacement copy. I guess I’ll reach out to Pikes after one solid month has passed unless it shows up before then. 

Any Deli Creeps/Maximum Bob fans? I found out a few weeks ago that my baby teenage brother is the new guitarist in Maximum Bob's new band. He is a giant Buckethead/DC fan (and he is my little brother) so it was pretty neat/awesome to hear the news. Bob's posted some pics on his Instagram and Facebook so I figure it's somewhat public that they're rehearsing DC classics and writing new stuff.

Edited by swb

18 minutes ago, swb said:

Any Deli Creeps/Maximum Bob fans? I found out a few weeks ago that my baby teenage brother is the new guitarist in Maximum Bob's new band. He is a giant Buckethead/DC fan (and he is my little brother) so it was pretty neat/awesome to hear the news. Bob's posted some pics on his Instagram and Facebook so I figure it's somewhat public that they're rehearsing DC classics and writing new stuff.

really? thats wicked. deli creeps seems to be the black sheep of buckethead projects but ive always enjoyed them. whats the new group called?

27 minutes ago, Faucet said:

really? thats wicked. deli creeps seems to be the black sheep of buckethead projects but ive always enjoyed them. whats the new group called?

Yeah, it's crazy. I'm not a huge or knowledgeable BH/DC fan but I'm aware of the universe and cult-like mystery attached to both and I remember when both my little brothers would go to the record store and buy Buckethead CDs and DVDs as kids. No name yet but I imagine it will be something ridiculous.

Edited by swb

The show was...well...call me the curmudgeon but bad.

Originally it was supposed to start at 8pm, then 9:00pm, then 9:30, the man took the stage at 10:15....then there was a 20 minute intermission in the middle of it...

The crowd...was strange...my buddy and I were the only ones in a band t-shirt...everybody else was wearing rasta woolen caps even though they didn't have dreads...which just makes you look like you're wearing a smurf hat backwards. :D

It wasn't anything like seeing Steve Vai or Felix Martin...and I think that's because of the recorded music. I'll keep buying the music, but I'm not going to attend another show.

Oh yeah, the squillion cell phones in front of me at all times...lovely.

The only thing I know about Buckethead is that Jordan made Guitar Hero 2 difficult to completely 5*, and even when it happened, it wasn’t really satisfying.

With that out of the way, OP is missing a huge opportunity by not renaming this topic Bucketh{r}ead.

8 hours ago, Battra said:

The show was...well...call me the curmudgeon but bad.

Originally it was supposed to start at 8pm, then 9:00pm, then 9:30, the man took the stage at 10:15....then there was a 20 minute intermission in the middle of it...

The crowd...was strange...my buddy and I were the only ones in a band t-shirt...everybody else was wearing rasta woolen caps even though they didn't have dreads...which just makes you look like you're wearing a smurf hat backwards. :D

It wasn't anything like seeing Steve Vai or Felix Martin...and I think that's because of the recorded music. I'll keep buying the music, but I'm not going to attend another show.

Oh yeah, the squillion cell phones in front of me at all times...lovely.

sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. the setlist is my biggest issue, but ive also only ever seen him play with the ipod. i'd love if he could bring brewer and brain over to the east coast at some point.