The Anniversary "Designing a Nervous Breakdown"

dmfay

Josh is one of my good friends and I've actually talked to him about licensing the rights to this to do a small pressing of it. I've found a few copies of it in the wild but most were near the KC/Lawrence area where most of them originally sold. If I end up doing a reissue of it with the full band's blessing (maybe impossible) then VC will be the first to know. For those of you that really want to find it, look at places like Love Garden in Lawrence and Zebs/Vinyl Renaissance/Mills in KC. It shows up in those spots semi-frequently, as does Your Majesty. As for Vagrant, as far as I know they do not care at all so waiting for them to do a reissue is probably not worth your time

Josh is one of my good friends and I've actually talked to him about licensing the rights to this to do a small pressing of it. I've found a few copies of it in the wild but most were near the KC/Lawrence area where most of them originally sold. If I end up doing a reissue of it with the full band's blessing (maybe impossible) then VC will be the first to know. For those of you that really want to find it, look at places like Love Garden in Lawrence and Zebs/Vinyl Renaissance/Mills in KC. It shows up in those spots semi-frequently, as does Your Majesty. As for Vagrant, as far as I know they do not care at all so waiting for them to do a reissue is probably not worth your time

I never find this at Love Garden, the owner has even tried to hunt it down for me with no luck.  However, he did hunt me down a copy of the Proudentall split.

I always see it available from overseas on eBay, but something seems not legit about that.

I never find this at Love Garden, the owner has even tried to hunt it down for me with no luck.  However, he did hunt me down a copy of the Proudentall split.

I always see it available from overseas on eBay, but something seems not legit about that.

All of the copies on Discogs right now are from International sellers, but I puchased a copy for about $50 last year from a seller in Europe and it came in pristine condition.

You can get a copy right now for about $65ppd on Discogs from a Japanese seller, which isn't a terrible price considering a repress isn't really likely in the near future at all.

All of the copies on Discogs right now are from International sellers, but I puchased a copy for about $50 last year from a seller in Europe and it came in pristine condition.

You can get a copy right now for about $65ppd on Discogs from a Japanese seller, which isn't a terrible price considering a repress isn't really likely in the near future at all.

yeah I would keep my eye on Japan, these guys were huge there during their 'heyday'. I got this and Your Majesty right when I got into collecting, but still paid about 45 for it, worth every penny as its my most listened to album by far. The Only Children was really great, but a little more folky than I hoped for, but 'Strange Stains' is freaking fantastic; 'Time Traveler' has the best video and gives me chills every time I hear it!

If you can get these blessings, I think we could get together enough people to co-op the pressing.  Jussayin'.

yeah I would keep my eye on Japan, these guys were huge there during their 'heyday'. I got this and Your Majesty right when I got into collecting, but still paid about 45 for it, worth every penny as its my most listened to album by far. The Only Children was really great, but a little more folky than I hoped for, but 'Strange Stains' is freaking fantastic; 'Time Traveler' has the best video and gives me chills every time I hear it!

That album is still available on colored vinyl if anyone is looking:

http://goodlandrecords.bigcartel.com/product/josh-berwanger-strange-stains-lp-pre-order

http://goodlandrecords.bigcartel.com/product/josh-berwanger-strange-stains-limited-edition-swirl

• 1 month later...

It takes some getting used to, particularly if you were attached to DANB. Once you give it a chance it really grows on you. Phenomenal stuff.

i'm sure i'll give it another shot eventually especially if i get really into DANB. the best thing about finally get a subscription to a streaming service is the ability to just try things out like this without having to actually download it

i'm sure i'll give it another shot eventually especially if i get really into DANB. the best thing about finally get a subscription to a streaming service is the ability to just try things out like this without having to actually download it

Oh yea man. And the best/worst feeling is the, "where the fuck was I when this was going on?" Moment.