The Anniversary "Designing a Nervous Breakdown"

dmfay

• 1 year later...

21 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Nice, will definitely double dip on this one. Can't wait to see them again in September. Too bad they couldn't get Justin to come back.

Very interested to see how it comes off, I mean, he did sing half the songs, so I assume Josh is singing all of them? 

3 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Could be but you've got to assume the best time to reissue a disbanded emo/"emo" band's out of print records is during their reunion stint.

True...true. If Vagrant thought that way they would have reissued Can't Slow Down when they did Through Being Cool though. (I know StD isn't disbanded, but you get the point.)

I'd imagine these guys will disband again and then get back together for a Your Majesty tour too.

edit: They are doing weird "anniversary" pressings though. Wasn't Through Being Cool like a 14 year anniversary release and this is 16 years?

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

True...true. If Vagrant thought that way they would have reissued Can't Slow Down when they did Through Being Cool though. (I know StD isn't disbanded, but you get the point.)

I'd imagine these guys will disband again and then get back together for a Your Majesty tour too.

edit: They are doing weird "anniversary" pressings though. Wasn't Through Being Cool like a 14 year anniversary release and this is 16 years?

This year is the 16th anniversary of Designing... But I think you hit the nail on the head with the "if Vagrant thought that way..." comment. They consistently leave plenty of money on the table with their back catalog. Even if they don't want to bother with reissuing this stuff themselves they could easily be selling the rights to press it for a quick buck.

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Those were both equal vision. They only did Through Being Cool cause they were playing it on tour. 

On 7/20/2016 at 5:36 PM, jacobe said:

Very interested to see how it comes off, I mean, he did sing half the songs, so I assume Josh is singing all of them? 

I went to Taste of Chaos this last weekend.  Josh sang all the songs, I'd say they did half Josh and half Justin songs.  They had some keyboard difficulties to start, but overall they were incredible!  I'm flying out to Lawrence in September to see them again.

Edit: I put a setlist here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-anniversary/2016/san-manuel-amphitheater-festival-grounds-san-bernardino-ca-bff318a.html

It's incomplete and in the wrong order, but you get the jist.

Edited by AtarisBSBH98
Additional Info