NEED HELP. WITH singer stereophonic transistorized phonograph

Just purchased a singer stereophonic transistorized phonograph. Has two mini speakers that plugin and detach. Stacking features, and has the option to run automatically but I'm afraid that's a bust.

My problem here is the man said he had just replaced the needle but it still skips across the surface.

Also the tonearm won't reach past the 4th song of any full 12"

I haven't tested any 45"s yet but I was thinking it was some sort of spring in the tonearm that doesn't allow it to reach that far? Now imagine not being able to hear any last songs on your records need your help

Also if anyone has a manual for this thing that'd be great

Hope you didn't pay a lot for it as it was probably time to throw it out before it went wrong.

There is a lot of mechanical action going on inside these things and I expect after all this time it's worn to buggery mechanically.

You can open it up and try lubricating all the joints and slide points and you might get lucky but even working properly it will sound like crap and like a lot of the modern stuff that copies it runs the risk of wearing your records out prematurely.

being vintage doesn't always mean good and this thing was not exactly the cutting edge when it was new so 40 years later it won't of improved.

Being at least 40 years old I very much doubt the tracking force on the needle is anywhere near where it needs to be which if it's skipping probably means it's running way too light rather than way too heavy.

Unless it's a simple fix chalk it up to experience and go and buy something vintage that's a bit more of a quality product.