Six weeks of vinyl - My collection so far

Hey everyone!  About six weeks ago I took the plunge and decided to buy a turntable (Technics SL-D1) and some records.  Luckily my dad had an old Kenwood receiver and some JBL speakers lying around, so I was set.

To say the least, vinyl has become a little obsession of mine over the past six weeks.  I've already blown most of the money that I'd been making from my new job, but hey, it's not like I had anything else to spend that cash on.

Anyways, here's my collection so far.  Most of these LPs are reissues, as I just don't have the kind of money to afford great quality original pressings (for the most part).  Still, I'm pleased with where my collection is at.  What do you guys think?

pG0x9z8.jpg?1

zSRrVLs.jpg

rW8VXc7.jpg

Check out redit. Plenty of people that will comment on your pics

Ugh, take this shit to r/vinyl.

What the fuck, you guys?

This guy has Spiderland and Godspeed You! Black Emperor in his collection. He's no different from any of you, and he's not even playing his shit on a Crosley. I've been here for a year and I still can't figure out how or why you guys choose to arbitrarily talk shit to newcomers just because they're not running a VPI or Clearaudio setup, or they don't have a first press of Good News for People Who Like Fucking Modest Mouse.

Welcome to "the hobby," musicmisc. I like your collection. 

What the fuck, you guys?

This guy has Spiderland and Godspeed You! Black Emperor in his collection. He's no different from any of you, and he's not even playing his shit on a Crosley. I've been here for a year and I still can't figure out how or why you guys choose to arbitrarily talk shit to newcomers just because they're not running a VPI or Clearaudio setup, or they don't have a first press of Good News for People Who Like Fucking Modest Mouse.

I like you buddy, but do we really need threads here where people post pictures of a 6 week collection? This isn't the place for it.

I like you buddy, but do we really need threads here where people post pictures of a 6 week collection? This isn't the place for it.

Maybe not - but it's not a bad collection. And I don't think he did, or even should have, taken the time to read up on a bunch of shit here to get an idea of how some of the "More audiophile than thou" residents have decided things should work. 

I guess what I'm saying is that it could be much worse, and we probably shouldn't be pushing people away from "the hobby" for something so trivial. Just my opinion. 

This. I have alot of these records too. It has nothing to do with his tastes but this guy will never be heard from after posting a pic of his new hobby since xmas that is probably posted on 5 more sites

Maybe not - but it's not a bad collection. And I don't think he did, or even should have, taken the time to read up on a bunch of shit here to get an idea of how some of the "More audiophile than thou" residents have decided things should work. 

I guess what I'm saying is that it could be much worse, and we probably shouldn't be pushing people away from "the hobby" for something so trivial. Just my opinion. 

What do these comments have to do with audiophile. Nobody commented on his setup or records. He actually has good tastes but if your contribution to this board with your first post are pictures of your new records you are not adding much. Everyone on this site has records

What the fuck, you guys?

I'm with you on this. Dude has eclectic taste that matches up pretty closely with mine.

Yeah, it's pretty lame to post photos of your collection like this, looking like your mining for likes or whatever, but he'll learn.

Welcome to the boards dude, do you really need people to tell you "what they think" of your collection though? Does it really matter? You like it, that's the important thing.

I'm with you on this. Dude has eclectic taste that matches up pretty closely with mine.

Yeah, it's pretty lame to post photos of your collection like this, looking like your mining for likes or whatever, but he'll learn.

Welcome to the boards dude, do you really need people to tell you "what they think" of your collection though? Does it really matter? You like it, that's the important thing.

Wouldn't you normally point the offending thread and OP to the proper topic if the thread was "cluttering up the boards?"

Wouldn't you normally point the offending thread and OP to the proper topic if the thread was "cluttering up the boards?"

Absolutely, but...there is no topic to point him to, is there? I don't think he needed to post this here, which I thought I made clear by asking him if he really needed people to tell him what they thought about his collection and that it's lame to post like this. No one has really pointed him in any direction though, just shit on him.

I was also recently called out for all of my "junior modding" so I'm trying to tone it down.

Absolutely, but...there is no topic to point him to, is there? I don't think he needed to post this here, which I thought I made clear by asking him if he really needed people to tell him what they thought about his collection and that it's lame to post like this. No one has really pointed him in any direction though, just shit on him.

I was also recently called out for all of my "junior modding" so I'm trying to tone it down.

I should clarify that the person who called me out is someone who's opinion I actually care about.