PO Now: Scott McMicken (Dr Dog) solo album "It"

DC1221

v200_image4.JPG 

http://piaptk.limitedrun.com/products/542474-scott-mcmicken-it-lp

We are ridiculously proud to present Soild Gold - 000004: Scott McMicken's "IT".

"IT" is the first solo album from Dr Dog songwriter/singer, Scott McMicken! This album was recorded a while ago and was originally intended to be released as a cohesive unit, but was eventually partially pieced out for Dr. Dog bonus tracks on various albums and singles. But, this marks the first time that it appears in it's entirety, as originally intended, and on vinyl.

Limited Edition of 200 Lps and 100 Cassette Tapes sold.

LPs on Goldenrod Vinyl and Cassettes on Gold tapes.

35 Gold with Red and yellow rim Splatter vinyl will be sent to random purchasers.

Includes a poster with art by V. Cessna.

Test Pressings: Do you like test pressings? We have 3 test pressings 
to be given away in a raffle. To enter the raffle, use the "pay what you 
want" option and enter a value (over $15) that includes change. Eric has 
chosen a number between .01 and .99, and the first three people to pay a value 
with that change amount, win the test pressing. For example, if Eric chose $.02 
(hint: he didn't), and you paid $15.02, you win a test pressing. You have the 
same chance of winning whether you pay $15.02 or $250.02... However, if you 
throw in a little extra, it will be used to buy beers and hummus for the record 
packing party we hold when we receive each release from the pressing plant.

In a world where I'm poor and a bunch of cool official releases are being issued/re-issued all the time, I'm going to politely request an album stream before I plunk down a fat $20 on an oddity release.

I agree. I'm a fan of Dr. Dog and like McMicken's songs, but $20 is a bit much for something that I have zero clue what it sounds like. i.e. Is this just him and a guitar with a four track?

I'd love to give more business to PIAPTK, too. I am super pleased with the Floating Action "Research" LP.

This is a totally legit album, not as full band style as a Dr Dog release, but not a weird lo-fi dude with a guitar four track tape either.  Sounds great, very clean, nice, but sparse, instrumentation... If you like Scott's songs, you will love this record. 

The reason it was unreleased until now is because Scott is under contract to Anti-, who was busy releasing pretty steady Dr. Dog releases, and didn't want to muddy the Dr Dog water with a Scott solo record, and they DEFINITELY didn't want any other label to muddy their waters either. But, because Dimitri from Dr. Dog owns Soild Gold, and because we don't do any digital, represses, and limit it to 250 total LPs including artist copies, Anti- gave us the "keep it on the DL and we won't stop you" go ahead. 

Soild Gold never streams anything. We don't do any digital of any kind. It's just part of our model.  We do it like the bootleggers did in '75... and they didn't stream anything or include digital downloads, so neither we. :-)

There are only 6 LPs left as of right now. 

This dude put up a spotify playlist that has a few of the songs that were pieced out for bonus tracks: http://slyvinyl.com/singer-songwriter/scott-mcmicken-dr-dog-limited-250-goldenrod-vinyl-lp-w-35-randomly-inserted-redyellow-splatter-vinyl