FS Now: G.I.N.C. unreleased Eroina lp feat. Ennio Morricone the God of OSTs 1971

74R

I figured I'd post this due to the large interest in OSTs.

Holiday Records recently released a Gruppo di Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza record from 1971 that has never been pressed to vinyl before. Ennio Morricone is in this group. This guy is credited as having scored and/or had pieces used in 528 films per IMDB that range from obscure 70s Italian movies to Quentin Tarantino films.

The cool part is this record has never been pressed on vinyl before, is limited to 400 copies and is about drugs. Each song is supposed to represent the sensation of different drugs or something like that..

Boomkat's copies of this sold out very quickly this morning but they are still available from the record label's site here: http://www.holidaysrecords.it/It's about 29 bucks total to ship to the US.

I am unaware of anyone carrying this in the US.

Here's the description of this release from the label:

There are still so many treasures to be discovered out there, but once you find a gem like this you can definitely put the research on hold for a little while and give it a deep listen.

Recorded at Fono Roma in 1971,Eroina is a series of haunting improvisations - each one inspired by the effects of a different drug - made of whirling electronic glitches, skronky horns, pounded piano, funky drums and weird tape experiments delivering the best drone/spaced/drugged out free jazz performed by the legendary ensemble of Ennio Morricone, Mario Bertoncini, Egisto Macchi, Battisti D'Amario, Franco Evangelisti and Walter Bianchi. A timeless masterpiece available for the first time in a deluxe vinyl edition.

hol-075.jpg