Affordable Canadian Vinyl Thread / Amazon.ca Deals

On 19/04/2017 at 0:55 AM, armadillo01 said:

Wow, the DJ Shadow Endtroducing 6LP boxset is <100 bucks (98.64) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01I65YITE/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3LYUI3NBIED4E&coliid=I1ZWIAAVESNWOW 

I'd consider it if RSD weren't around the corner.

It went down to $83.69!!! I had to buy a copy at that price. While the "Excessive Ephemera" versions (LPs 3 and 4) are kinda boring outside of that Peshay remix and mostly useful for DJing and mixing, the Live in Oxford as well as commissioned "Re-Emagined" remixes (LPs 5 and 6) are fantastic!

EDIT:  Down to $83.04 77.82.

Edited by armadillo01

Bowie - A Reality Tour 3xLP box set with transparent blue vinyl (Great album; Bowie's last tour) in case Cracked Actor got you excited for $49.92 which is pretty much as cheap as it gets.

https://www.amazon.ca/Reality-Tour-Vinyl-David-Bowie/dp/B01IB6PWSO/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1493493309&sr=1-1&keywords=reality+tour

• 4 months later...

The Decemberists' The Crane Wife 10th Anniversary 5LP + BluRay box-set  is less than 70 CAD on Amazon Prime. I'm sorely tempted to nab one but I also want to resubscribe to VMP too. The album's great, and the outtakes and demos are more interesting than most. Plus, it's a friggin wood box.

Edited by armadillo01

13 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

The Decemberists' The Crane Wife 10th Anniversary 5LP + BluRay box-set  is less than 70 CAD on Amazon Prime. I'm sorely tempted to nab one but I also want to resubscribe to VMP too. The album's great, and the outtakes and demos are more interesting than most. Plus, it's a friggin wood box.

Damn. I paid $125 for that back in November last year.....

Great deal.

EDIT - It's not a wood box though.

Edited by niblips

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/12/2017 at 3:50 PM, armadillo01 said:

I nabbed me a Ryan Adams Heartbreaker 4LP+DVD boxset for 18.79CDN hope they honour the price! Grab it now even though it's out of stock!

Amazon's saying this shipped. If it's actually the 4LP and in good shape then this will be the best bargain on a box-set I've ever found.

3 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Amazon's saying this shipped. If it's actually the 4LP and in good shape then this will be the best bargain on a box-set I've ever found.

As did mine. I honestly never thought it would come through, but I'm super excited because I love this album and haven't heard the extra stuff.

14 minutes ago, dirtydebutant said:

awww mine is still waiting and it seems its no longer available from amazon, just rarewave

That happened to me as well. Amazon no longer has it listed as something they stock, so 3rd party only. Order will eventually be cancelled.

Was worth a shot for that price though.

3 minutes ago, niblips said:

That happened to me as well. Amazon no longer has it listed as something they stock, so 3rd party only. Order will eventually be cancelled.

Was worth a shot for that price though.

You never know, though. As of last week it looked like they didn't even have a delivery date, and then I received an update on Monday, a shipping notification this morning, and it should arrive by the end of today (I'm in Toronto with prime, so I often get things pretty quickly). Obviously they are fulfilling some, but based on how good a deal this was, I wonder how many were ordered...I posted on Reddit and my Cheap Vinyl in Canada Facebook page, so I figure lots of people saw it.

9 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

You never know, though. As of last week it looked like they didn't even have a delivery date, and then I received an update on Monday, a shipping notification this morning, and it should arrive by the end of today (I'm in Toronto with prime, so I often get things pretty quickly). Obviously they are fulfilling some, but based on how good a deal this was, I wonder how many were ordered...I posted on Reddit and my Cheap Vinyl in Canada Facebook page, so I figure lots of people saw it.

True, it could still ship, as long as the order is active. Mine says: Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

24 minutes ago, niblips said:

True, it could still ship, as long as the order is active. Mine says: Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

There was another similar deal from a third party seller on the US amazon a year or two ago for the set and it took awhile to get them all out but I believe the majority all ended up getting it including myself so hopefully you're good! Great set as well, it was pretty cool listening to the sessions and pre-album demos then back to the original album. I still haven't even watched the dvd though.

2 hours ago, niblips said:

That's a good sign. Hold out hope, the rest of you who are waiting.

I'm glad to hear the demos are worth it, too.

It arrived and it has a really unique packaging.  This is the best retail deal on vinyl I've probably ever encountered.

It's not really a box set. It's a slipcase cover with a custom-made tip-on "book" that houses the vinyl in heavy tip-on sleevestock as well as an extra slot for the booklet and DVD. It's like a slightly-less-fancy version of those Eluvium box sets (but with a slipcase cover).

5 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

It arrived and it has a really unique packaging.  This is the best retail deal on vinyl I've probably ever encountered.

It's not really a box set. It's a slipcase cover with a custom-made tip-on "book" that houses the vinyl in heavy tip-on sleevestock as well as an extra slot for the booklet and DVD. It's like a slightly-less-fancy version of those Eluvium box sets (but with a slipcase cover).

Agreed. Great set and the extra tracks are fun. Though I can’t seem to find where the download code is - haven’t come across it yet. 

Guess I may as well sell my 2LP reissue...

Unrelated, I’ve kept looking on amazon.ca for decent Canadian deals and there have literally been none since the Primus deal a week or so ago...Has been a bit of a post-Christmas dead zone. 

• 3 weeks later...