Boxing (and UFC...i'll allow it)

I am a huge boxing fan. As a matter of fact, I like all combat sports, but boxing is where it is at for me. I did a brief seach, and didnt see any threads around it (though I did see a Mayweather vs Canelo thread awhile back). Could be wrong, so opps, my bad, but if not, and others are into boxing (or combat sports), that would like to chat about it, then lets do that! I figured now is a good time, especially when the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight looks pretty crazy close to happening (surprisingly). This is an exciting time for a boxing fan, also with the future fights that are/should be happing this year. And we could dig up past fights to talk about also.

So the Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight, looks closer than ever, I know this statement was from Bob Arum (which is a lot of this and that), but I would like to believe it. Here is the whole article.

The megafight that the boxing world has been clamoring for between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. should be finalized in "the next couple days," Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told the New York Post.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12254197/bob-arum-says-fight-manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-jr-finalized-next-couple-days

I know, both are out of their "prime", the fight shoulda happened in 2009, but still an exciting thing. Thoughts anyone? (hopefully).

I am ok with both of those...

Rocky trivia: Rocky is "loosely" based on real figher Chuck Wepner...so much so that Stallone settled with dude for money.

Didn't mean to derail, just wanted to participate. I'll watch a good fight, but it's not something I seek out. As far as I can tell, Pacquiao vs. Mayweather should still be a good fight and people will definitely be into it. Sucks it didn't happen earlier.

Didn't mean to derail, just wanted to participate. I'll watch a good fight, but it's not something I seek out. As far as I can tell, Pacquiao vs. Mayweather should still be a good fight and people will definitely be into it. Sucks it didn't happen earlier.

well said...derailing is a must.

Hoping Santa Cruz/Rigondeaux and Rios/Ortiz gets made

Ghost/Thurman on nbc should be good with gladiator/broner. Cant stand broner

This is what im talking bout...

I cant stand rigo, very suspect chin, hopefully with santa cruzs punch output, he will expose it for sure. But regardless, great fight. Im pretty excited about the NBC fights (better thank Al Haymon), hopefully it will get more people into it. robert vs thurman will be interesting, "ghost" is the best person thurman has fought, but ive liked thurman from day one, "one time" looks to be the real deal, we will find out soon enough. On the fence about Broner, thought he was going to be something special but i think he is more worried about getting his hair brushed and rapping to the ring. Broner (mini mayweather) cracks me up though, but it was obvious Maidana was going to rough him up. Very disappointed we arent getting Cotto vs Canelo, hopefully eventually.

yea, i believe it will happen, i think the possible pacman vs money fight being on the same date of may 2 really killed it. I could see them both fighting some hacks, and then meeting back up in the fall. Cotto has been one of my favs from the start, with those body shots. Whats your thought on Amir Khan (horrible chin, crazy heart, great skill). One of my favs to watch fight, but makes me nervous cuz I feel he is going to get knocked out at any moment.

Maybe frontrowsports still. Maybe.

Yep, thats what i use for all of them. Just go through all the channels until you find good quality. Mcgregor is awesome. He fights so relaxed its crazy and his coach said he fought 50% of his skill against siver, which is scary to think about. Weidman is out against belfort with a rib injury, so this "announcement" tomorrow is probably belfort vs ??? for an interm belt.

Boxing>UFC

thats what im talking bout. Used to hate MMA, due to all the laying around on each other but then got into BJJ, now i respect. Its like a chess match, you got to submit this person while they tried to do the same. Offense and defense at the same time. Crazy.

That said, boxing is my shit.

Yea, cant really get down with women boxing or mma. If rousey wins by armbar once more im going to armbar someone. If you know youre fighting someone with all these armbar wins, LOOK OUT FOR THE FUCKING ARMBAR. damn

Pretty sure most of her opponents train for it, she's just that much better than the rest of the division.