Contest: Show Me Your Mondo Collection

stl_ben

Yeah........let's see what you got.

Posters or Records. (or comics or toys or t-shirts........)

Big or Small collections welcome.

Let's see some photos.  A week from right now I will pick the photo I like the best.

Winner get's a free Batman TAS 7"....which cover? Well you will just have to wait and see.

Posters: 

Ansin's Beauty and the Beast

Whalen's Frozen and Coraline

Richard's The Batcave

Matt Taylor's Harley Quinn (signed by Bruce Timm)

Edmiston's Watch the World Burn

PCC: Mask of the Phantasm, Harlequinade, Joker's Favor, Heart of Ice, Two Face

Anytime I see the Studio Ghibli records, I still want a Totoro record with CATBUS variant!

Entering before redroom blows though and sweeps up the competition.

Below is my variant collection. Apologies for the terrible lighting. By my count I'm currently only missing the other two Paranorman RSD color ways and the Iron Giant Version B (GOTG and Scanners are on order but haven't landed). Due to time and workspace constraints, the task of unsleeving everything and pulling out the discs seemed far too monumental, so I guess we'll have to rely on the honor system regarding them being variants. 

BbRPVyyl.jpg

Likewise with prints. A large portion of the collection is currently in storage and not easily accessible. Below are some pieces from the portfolio. 

WqtfUN2l.jpg

6iJmN4gl.jpg

Maybe not an OST everyone likes but I think it's pretty cool one.

Also, to everyone: I don't want to win this. So go ahead and post your collection.

It would be nice if someone wins who doesn't have the 7" and can add this to the collection.

Agreed, I really like that OST, so I was pretty stoked to get that one. 

Also, to everyone: I don't want to win this. So go ahead and post your collection.

It would be nice if someone wins who doesn't have the 7" and can add this to the collection.

Yeah. Spoilers but the winner isn't going to be "biggest collection" it will go to the photo I like the best. Could be a collection of 2 or 100.

16256934438_4cda5d21de_c.jpg

MOND-000 - Test Press - The Visitor

MOND-002 - Fabio Frizzi ‎– The Beyond - Clear Torquoise /500

MOND-003 - Michael Perilstein - The Deadly Spawn - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Pink

MOND-004 - Jerry Goldsmith - Poltergeist - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Glow in the Dark

MOND-005 - Mike Shinoda & Joseph Trapanese - The Raid: Redemption - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Smokey Grey

MOND-006 - Johnson, Nathan - Looper - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - w/ Bonus 7"

MOND-008 - Martinez, Cliff ‎– Drive - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Pink

MOND-009 - M83 - Oblivion - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Clear

MOND-010 - Mira, Eugenio - Timecrimes - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Milky Yellow / Clear

MOND-011 - Rob - Maniac - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - White

MOND-012 - Gross, Charles - Blue Sunshine - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Blue Iris /200

MOND-013 - Carpenter, John - Halloween - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Orange w/ Black Splatter (Alternate Cover) /1000

MOND-014 - Studio Ghibli · Kokyo Kyokushu ‎- 2x LP - Princess Mononoke Version (Red & Blue)

MOND-015 - Brion, Jon - Paranorman - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Yellow/Bone Haze

MOND-017 - Williams, John - Jurassic Park - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Green & Yellow Haze With Red Splatter

MOND-018 - Coulais, Bruno - Coraline - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 1st - Black/White Swirl

MOND-019 - North, Alex - Music For 2001: A Space Odyssey ‎- Black

MOND-019 - North, Alex - Music For 2001: A Space Odyssey ‎- Black w/ Red Streaks

MOND-020 - Pillado, Julio - Here Comes The Devil - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 1st - Transluscent Red w/ Black Center

MOND-021 - Goldsmith, Jerry - The Omen - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Black

MOND-021 - Goldsmith, Jerry - The Omen - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Translucent Red with Black Stripe /700

MOND-022 - Fabio Frizzi - A Cat in the Brain - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - "Brain" Colored

MOND-023 - Micalizzi, Franco - The Visitor - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Sunburst

MOND-025 - Eugenio Mira ‎– La Cinquette 7"

MOND-026 - Price, Steven - Gravity - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - "Space Foil" /500

MOND-026 - Price, Steven - Gravity - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Black

MOND-026 - Price, Steven - Gravity - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Blue Sky / Cloud

MOND-034 - Elliot Goldenthal ‎– Pet Sematary - 2x LP - Translucent Green/Blue With Black Haze

MOND-035 - Kamen, Michael ‎– The Iron Giant - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Gray "Steel"

MOND-035 - Kamen, Michael ‎– The Iron Giant - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - 2x LP - Metal Embossed Variant

MOND-042 - Danny Elfman ‎– Batman: The Animated Series - Die-Cut Bat-Shaped w/ Grey Splatter

MOND-043 - Daniel Mudford & Pete Woodhead - Shaun Of The Dead - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - "Winchester"

MOND-043 - Daniel Mudford & Pete Woodhead - Shaun Of The Dead - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Strawberry Scented Swirl

MOND-044 - Various ‎– Guardians Of The Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 - Purple/White Marble

^ Holy shit dude. Did you luck out with those random variants, or buy them from discogs, here etc. knowing what you were getting?

Everything after Drive has been directly from Mondo, but I had to hunt the earlier ones down on the aftermarket (ouch).

The strategy has always been the same through Mondo: buy two copies, receive one variant, sell the black one for cost. Also the reason why I have some black copies left over that I haven't sold.