Foxing's Abatross Red & Gold ... What pressing is this?

turk99

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it's not necessarily vinyl related, but if you've ever considered buying ANYTHING from Foxing, now is the time. They just had their trailer with ALL of their merch, equipment, etc. stolen. This is from their Facebook:

Our hearts are truly broken.
Last night while we sleeping our trailer stolen. Literally all of our gear, a lot of Lithuania's gear, most of our clothes, personal items, and all of our merchandise was taken from us. We've contacted the police and filed a report; but as most bands who have been in our position can attest to, chances of recovery are low. We've known so many bands who have gone through this ordeal; at this point in history it truly feels like it's not a matter of if but rather when. Still, there is a difference between witnessing it and living it, and we are definitely 'living it' right now. I gotta tell you, it's just as soul crushing as one might imagine. There are a myriad of emotions running through our collective right now; just writing this is a bit overwhelming. I am grateful this isn't a message in regards to a car accident or a personal injury, we are all together and trying to remain positive, but like I said at the beginning: this is truly heart breaking.
This may be self-aggrandizing but I look at musicians, and artists a whole, as social servants. It is function and duty of the artist to bring something to other's lives; in a very small way offer ourselves and our work to the world and hopefully bring people together. Perhaps this is trite, but simply put, the arts saved my life. I know I can speak for everyone in the band when I say that our lives have been forever changed by witnessing and playing music in a live setting. Further more, from meeting and talking to strangers around the country, I believe that we are not alone. Our joy comes from playing our songs for friends and strangers alike, and in so, our instruments were an extension of ourselves; whoever took our things last night took our ability to perform; they took away a part of all of us. We are devastated.

-We are putting all of our shirt designs up on our store; if you've ever felt like you want a Foxing shirt, snagging one now would directly help us stay above water: http://foxing.merchnow.com/

-Also, this is really hard for me to write because we've always prided ourselves on our self-sufficiency, but we are hurting right now--if you feel like making a donation, you can send something via PayPal: [email protected]

If you've read this far down: thank you for your time. We will update you as soon as we can.
Today is a sad day; let's hold onto to love.

~

Donated as soon as I saw it. Those poor dudes. I don't understand how people can do this to others. So awful. 

I know. It's disgusting. I just think what would happen to an even lesser-known band (like a friend's). They would literally end. It's just terrible. But at least fans can come to the rescue...well a little anyway.

I had never even heard of these guys before I saw them the other night in Austin - picked up their record at the show. It's Blue/Orange with Yellow Splatter - I'm not usually a fan of the split color records but I think it looks really nice with the splatter on it (https://40.media.tumblr.com/93a75d5d01818e20331b7a62ee4af164/tumblr_nq043xKrdk1undtqwo1_500.jpg). According to the Triple Crown store this is the only variant currently available, I'd highly suggest picking it up if you can! 

That's the first time I've bought an album just after seeing a band live... normally I'll go home and check it out to see how I feel about it but their live show was so good. 

I was super bummed when I found out about what happened, sent them a donation right away. 

On the positive side - they've raised over $10,000 on gofundme and I hope a good amount of money via other outlets (paypal, venmo, merch sales). They had a little over $20,000 in stuff stolen so they are well on their way. And I noticed they have gained around 1500 Facebook fans since this happened - not that that's any consolation at all but at least it shows that the word is getting spread.