Coming soon: Thursday - Waiting LP+7" (15-Year Anniversary)

gmoney

I am so excited about this.

More info:

LP Side A:
1. Porcelain
2. This Side of Brightness
3. Ian Curtis
4. Intro
5. Streaks in the Sky

LP Side B
6. In Transmission
7. Dying in New Brunswick
8. The Dotted Line
9. Where the Circle Ends

7” Side A
1. This Side of Brightness (Demo)
2. Dying in New Brunswick (Demo)

7” Side B
3. Mass as Shadows (Previously Unreleased)

7VrAVmC.jpg

“Of all the passionate, soul-baring young guitar bands slogged together under the emo heading, Thursday are the darkest and most powerful.” — Rolling Stone On December 7, 1999, the then-fledgling Eyeball Records released the debut album by New Jersey band called Thursday. Waiting, in itself, made modest waves during its initial release, but as the band prepared its follow-up—2001’s breakthrough Full Collapse—Thursday’s debut quickly became more of a herald than an introduction: This is the sound of a band in the middle of a discovery process that would eventually take them to legendary status around the world. Having officially gone out of print when Eyeball ceased operations, Waiting has been unavailable in physical, digital, and streaming formats since 2012. But this year, on the fifteenth anniversary of its release, Collect Records is finally giving this classic album the special deluxe edition reissue package it deserves. Waiting: The 15-Year Anniversary Edition features the original album remastered and repackaged with a die-cut sleeve, original liner notes, and a bonus 7” EP featuring previously unreleased demos from this period—including one neverbefore-released song.

• Fully remastered by Heba Kadry (The Mars Volta, Nothing, Future Islands, …And You Will Know
Us by the Trail of Dead)
• Additional 7” and CD bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased demos and “Mass as
Shadows”—a never-before-heard song.
• Deluxe repackaging featuring the iconic Thursday dove logo on a die-cut jacket (on LP and CD
versions), original liner notes, and complete lyrics
• A music video for “Mass as Shadows” is scheduled to coincide with release

I am so excited about this.

More info:

LP Side A:
1. Porcelain
2. This Side of Brightness
3. Ian Curtis
4. Intro
5. Streaks in the Sky

LP Side B
6. In Transmission
7. Dying in New Brunswick
8. The Dotted Line
9. Where the Circle Ends

7” Side A
1. This Side of Brightness (Demo)
2. Dying in New Brunswick (Demo)

7” Side B
3. Mass as Shadows (Previously Unreleased)

7VrAVmC.jpg

“Of all the passionate, soul-baring young guitar bands slogged together under the emo heading, Thursday are the darkest and most powerful.” — Rolling Stone On December 7, 1999, the then-fledgling Eyeball Records released the debut album by New Jersey band called Thursday. Waiting, in itself, made modest waves during its initial release, but as the band prepared its follow-up—2001’s breakthrough Full Collapse—Thursday’s debut quickly became more of a herald than an introduction: This is the sound of a band in the middle of a discovery process that would eventually take them to legendary status around the world. Having officially gone out of print when Eyeball ceased operations, Waiting has been unavailable in physical, digital, and streaming formats since 2012. But this year, on the fifteenth anniversary of its release, Collect Records is finally giving this classic album the special deluxe edition reissue package it deserves. Waiting: The 15-Year Anniversary Edition features the original album remastered and repackaged with a die-cut sleeve, original liner notes, and a bonus 7” EP featuring previously unreleased demos from this period—including one neverbefore-released song.

• Fully remastered by Heba Kadry (The Mars Volta, Nothing, Future Islands, …And You Will Know
Us by the Trail of Dead)
• Additional 7” and CD bonus tracks featuring previously unreleased demos and “Mass as
Shadows”—a never-before-heard song.
• Deluxe repackaging featuring the iconic Thursday dove logo on a die-cut jacket (on LP and CD
versions), original liner notes, and complete lyrics
• A music video for “Mass as Shadows” is scheduled to coincide with release

Where do you get your awesome info?  Thanks for sharing this!

Interesting that they're going to release a video for Mass as Shadows....wonder if we might see a Thursday reunion show on the horizon.

Also, interesting little tidbit.  I actually lived in the same house as Thursday did when they recorded this album, albeit 2 or 3 years later.  They were touring behind Full Collapse while I was there and blowing up.  Since they had listed their address in the liner notes of Waiting we would often receive fan mail for them at our residence.  I think I still have a few pieces saved in a box somewhere.

Also made me really angry to know how many bands I grew to adore got their start playing in the basement of the place I lived lol.

Interesting that they're going to release a video for Mass as Shadows....wonder if we might see a Thursday reunion show on the horizon.

Also, interesting little tidbit.  I actually lived in the same house as Thursday did when they recorded this album, albeit 2 or 3 years later.  They were touring behind Full Collapse while I was there and blowing up.  Since they had listed their address in the liner notes of Waiting we would often receive fan mail for them at our residence.  I think I still have a few pieces saved in a box somewhere.

Also made me really angry to know how many bands I grew to adore got their start playing in the basement of the place I lived lol.

You probably shouldn't admit to federal crimes on the internet... ;)

I wish Collect would reissue UN - S/T.

i think eyeball has vinyl rights to it.  a few years ago the eyeball dude surfaced around here saying he had a bunch left but his online store got hacked so orders weren't being processed blah blah blah.  but a few of us scored new copies that way.  don't know if there are more or if the pressing is gone.  it's one of UN's bigger mysteries...

i think eyeball has vinyl rights to it.  a few years ago the eyeball dude surfaced around here saying he had a bunch left but his online store got hacked so orders weren't being processed blah blah blah.  but a few of us scored new copies that way.  don't know if there are more or if the pressing is gone.  it's one of UN's bigger mysteries...

The guy who runs Eyeball is very close to Geoff - hence the reason Waiting is getting a repress on Collect.

Self-titled copies of United Nations will be for sale one day - might be a repress or leftover copies, but its coming.

The guy who runs Eyeball is very close to Geoff - hence the reason Waiting is getting a repress on Collect.

Self-titled copies of United Nations will be for sale one day - might be a repress or leftover copies, but its coming.

A couple months after Collect started back up Geoff tweeted that he was going to sell some first presses of UN and "To the Beat of a Dead Horse" that he had laying around. They sat in the store for a while as "coming soon" but never went on sale as far as I could tell.