Buying A New (Used) Car

Last December, after 6 months of searching, I purchased a used 2005 4Runner. 4wd was a must for me as our winters can get pretty bad here. I happened to find one 250mi south of me on craigslist but from the pics and talking to the owner it was worth it for me to drive down and take a look. It was a little pricey due to low mileage (70,000) and toyota resale value (I guess) but after a year of ownership it's been the best car I've owned. My biggest advice is to take your time looking and carfax doesn't hurt

Older CR-Vs are very roomy and fun. I had a '99 and it did me well until it got rear ended. The newer models have many documented problems with the air conditioning destroying themselves. I upgraded to a 07 Pilot and am soooo happy. Having six cylinders gives me the power to bypass a lot of stupidness on the freeway. Everyone who rides in my car really digs it.

I drive the wifes old 08 Mazda 3 95,000 miles I just do normal maintenance oil, tires, brakes, Just did spark plugs I do swap coolant and trans fluid every 2 years as a precaution. Only problem was the O2 sensor went at like 85k. I did swap the shocks because I think one was shot and the stocks were a bit limp. She has a new Mazda CX5 Sport AWD love that car 30 mpg AWD no issues as 35k

Im going to be starting this process soon too.  I have a 2005 mazada 6 that has 166K miles, but is starting to go south after 9 years.  overall it was a pretty good car but did have several rounds of issues of the last few years that were pricey, and it didn't seem to hold up to wear and tear like previous cars (Civic and a Camry) and I'm not even that rough on my car.  

After I trade in this last car......I'm going to lease, all the cars I've gotten have broken my heart

2007 Jeep Commander - Rear Axel and stuff

2008 Lincoln MKX - I forget what went wrong but luckily i got the warranty

2013 MKX - Lease no problems

Needless to say I'm just going to lease until I die :P