PO: Lord Huron - Strange Trails

From an interview, "originally conceived of their new album, “Strange Trails,” as a feature-length film, but aborted the idea when he discovered “that it’s really hard to get a movie made.” Instead, he’ll supplement “Strange Trails” with a series of short films — indebted to directors such as Quentin Tarantino and Akira Kurosawa — in which he’ll play a host of fictional alter egos, while acting out the album’s many adventures."

Sounds awesome!

Read a few pages from the new "Strange Trails" comic book. Get a copy with purchase of the new album at participating indie retail stores.

http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/exclusive-read-the-first-four-pages-of-lord-hurons-comic-book-strange-trails

Has anyone seen the comic book listed along with the album for sale online anywhere? I tweeted at Bullmoose and they said they couldn't guarantee it e online purchase and that it was in store only.

Has anyone seen the comic book listed along with the album for sale online anywhere? I tweeted at Bullmoose and they said they couldn't guarantee it e online purchase and that it was in store only.

Haven't seen it advertised online but I just picked it up in store, cool memento to go with the song

Haven't seen it advertised online but I just picked it up in store, cool memento to go with the song

Was it inside the actual album or did they give it to you at the counter? I only ask because I called Amoeba and they knew nothing of the comic book but said it was a gatefold album and it could be inside (which I really doubt)

Would love to find online as I'm laid up after knee surgery and don't see myself leaving the house for at least another week or two. 

Was it inside the actual album or did they give it to you at the counter? I only ask because I called Amoeba and they knew nothing of the comic book but said it was a gatefold album and it could be inside (which I really doubt)

Would love to find online as I'm laid up after knee surgery and don't see myself leaving the house for at least another week or two. 

I asked for it specifically at the counter.

And in an AMA, they said in regards to the comic, "Keep your eyes peeled for new issues throughout the year."

Also, they originally wanted to make a movie called Strange Trails but it was too expensive so they made the movie into an album, probaby making videos in the coming months to go along with the album.

Keeps getting more and more in depth..crazy..

I was finally able to get over to my local record store and pick up a copy. It came with the "The World Ender" comic book too. I have to say, This is one of my favorite LP releases ever. The album is solid, the pressing sounds fantastic, and the packing is so cool. I love the  photography on the record sleeves and quotes printed at the bottom. Very satisfied!  

The comic book was enough for me to purchase from my B&M. Packaging is nice, well thought out. I laughed at the records inside the plain paper inners inside of the decrative inners. Never seen that. Somewhat disappointed with no lyric sheet.

I'm not a huge fan of the pressing, mine has noticeable surface noise and I need to turn it up quite a bit to "feel" the music. Nothing is jumping out at me. Cut hot, pre amp low at -2.

The songs are great. At first, I felt they merely attempted replicating Lonesome Dreams. But, once I got past the familiar sounds, this album is much more mysterious. Yawning Grave may be my fav track. Overall production is tops, as this band deserves. Great guitar tones. A great effort!

• 5 months later...

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but according to Bull Moose, both Lonesome Dreams and Fading Trails are getting colored represses/reissues out 10/30.

Lonesome Dreams (coke bottle clear, /500): http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21226849/lord-huron-lonesome-dreams-coke-bottle-clear-limited-to-500-copies

Fading Trails (yellow, not sure quantity but assume /500 as well): http://www.bullmoose.com/p/21226846/lord-huron-strange-trails-yellow-vinyl-2lp