The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

10 hours ago, daegor said:

BLACKER FRIDAY SALE

25% off vinyl / tapes / CDs / totes in the store with code FERTILEDREAD

Entire catalog on Bandcamp is pay what you want with all proceeds benefiting Standing Rock water protectors

3 random LPs for $25
3 random tapes for $15
3 random 7”s for $15
(These bundles will include recent releases! If you want, leave a note with a record or band you are hoping to get something from and there is a 99% chance your dreams come true.)

All orders over $50 get a free tote
All orders over $75 get free shipping (US only)

This will last until 11:59PM EST on 12/4

*% off excludes preorders and the random package deals

http://brokencircles.bandcamp.com
http://brokencircles.limitedrun.com

We never run sales. We have a lot of releases lined up for 2017.
Help us give you physical records for very little money so we can keep doing this.
Help us give you digital records for donations so we can help support the Standing Rock water protectors in North Dakota who are fighting for all of us against corporate and political entities who carry out this rapacious and destructive pursuit of monetization, wealth, and power.

Gotta say, I'm reeeeeeal bummed that this dude (broken circles) charged me $40 shipped last December for a copy of that Gloria Record album now that he has them back up on his website for $15. That's some real shady shit.

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Gotta say, I'm reeeeeeal bummed that this dude (broken circles) charged me $40 shipped last December for a copy of that Gloria Record album now that he has them back up on his website for $15. That's some real shady shit.

I'm willing to bet he got back some dead stock from his former distributor — he used to do mailorder himself then outsourced it for the past few years but now (I believe) he is handling it himself again, so he probably got back some stuff that he thought was out of print. Brent is a good guy, I doubt he was purposely trying to fuck you over.

1 minute ago, scottheisel said:

I'm willing to bet he got back some dead stock from his former distributor — he used to do mailorder himself then outsourced it for the past few years but now (I believe) he is handling it himself again, so he probably got back some stuff that he thought was out of print. Brent is a good guy, I doubt he was purposely trying to fuck you over.

Probably right, still a bummer.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

This.  He just moved and mentioned that he found a couple copies of a few things he thought were sold out.

Still a bummer? yeah.

3 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I often find 50% of my purchases later on for significantly less than when I bought them. It's a bummer, but it's also the way the business goes with physical media. 

This was an item sold to me personally by the owner of the label, and is on their same label's website. It's a little different.

It doesn't really matter in the long run, but the way everything went down was really misleading.

On December 4, 2016 at 7:31 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

This was an item sold to me personally by the owner of the label, and is on their same label's website. It's a little different.

It doesn't really matter in the long run, but the way everything went down was really misleading.

I don't know the ins and outs of this particular situation but if the owner was trying to be shady, wouldn't the 'newly found' copies be priced higher?

1 hour ago, richardsurf said:

I don't know the ins and outs of this particular situation but if the owner was trying to be shady, wouldn't the 'newly found' copies be priced higher?

I don't want this to be a whole thing on here, but they were.

They're still the same batch of "newly found" records that he jacked up the price to sell to me personally, touting how hard to find they were. Then the remaining stock (clearly not as limited as he label led me to believe) were put up on that same label's website at less than half the price.

It's just shitty.

I'm sure he thought he was going to sell through the entire stock in minutes at that higher price and when that didn't happen he dropped the price to something more reasonable. It's just shitty to do that in a community like this where people really do often help each other out, and it sucks that I was misled about how many copies he'd had returned to him.

When I saw it the other day I actually went so far as to email him about it and the only response I got back was "What do you want me to do?"

All I asked for was an explanation, and I never got a response. I didn't ask for a refund, I wasn't an asshole about it, I just said that I wanted to know what happened that I ended up in this situation with him. I'm more than happy to drop it at this point, and I'm not really sure why I'm explaining myself to you beyond that I don't think I'm being petty over this, and I don't want people think I am.

I just felt taken advantage of in a community where I've personally given people pretty decent deals and I see good deals happen all the time.

Ah. I get what you're saying. That is definitely disappointing. Sorry for extending the conversation about it; just curious about this stuff. IMO, he should have a) acknowledged that it IS a disappointing situation and provided an offer in his response or b ) clearly said that there are no refunds or price adjustments, instead of putting all the pressure on you to "demand" a resolution and solve it. Bummed on your behalf, man. 

Edited by richardsurf

3 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Oldies.com has Dead Milkmen - Beelzebubba for $7.49.

https://www.oldies.com/product-view/39623V.html

What happened to Oldies.com? I remember a few years ago they had tons of stuff on sale for super cheap, and at one point I bought a dozen modern clearance records for like $60. As of the past year or two their clearance section has seemingly been a bunch of sealed 70's-80's backstock that no one is going to pay a dollar for. I've kept my eyes on the site since then, expecting a similarly awesome sale, and it's never come. 

11 hours ago, cannonfunk said:

What happened to Oldies.com? I remember a few years ago they had tons of stuff on sale for super cheap, and at one point I bought a dozen modern clearance records for like $60. As of the past year or two their clearance section has seemingly been a bunch of sealed 70's-80's backstock that no one is going to pay a dollar for. I've kept my eyes on the site since then, expecting a similarly awesome sale, and it's never come. 

I still have dreams about that sale. I bought soooooo many records for soooooo little money.

https://www.popmarket.com/collections/bowie-vinyl

-Popmarket has some Bowie reissues for $12.

-POPMARKET20 for 20% off.  

-These ship free.

-Ziggy and Hunky Dory were on there as "sold out" about 10 minutes ago, so I'm sure those others won't last long.

Edited by faithnolife

6 hours ago, faithnolife said:

-These ship free.

-Ziggy and Hunky Dory were on there as "sold out" about 10 minutes ago, so I'm sure those others won't last long.

Grabbed Pinups and Space Oddity. I have originals, but they are VG+. All these recent Bowie remasters have been superb. These are the last 2 I needed.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by vinyl addict

1 hour ago, faithnolife said:

-These ship free.

I took a chance, but have had really shitty luck with PopMarket lately.  I just realized today I never received the Lemmy Funko that I ordered back in Oct. which is definitely available and shipping.  I also haven't received any of the stuff I ordered on 11/24 for their Black Friday sale.  I get they're probably busy with the holiday rush, but I've sent several follow ups this week to see what was up, and finally received a canned response which they also posted on their Facebook that they had some "tragedy" in their customer service department and were working on getting back to people.......whatever the hell that's suppose to mean.   I thought that e-mail / post was extremely unprofessional and lame, regardless of the circumstances.  Especially since they have no problem spamming me with 6+ e-mails a day with their daily deals.

25 minutes ago, BoopsRecords said:

I took a chance, but have had really shitty luck with PopMarket lately.  I just realized today I never received the Lemmy Funko that I ordered back in Oct. which is definitely available and shipping.  I also haven't received any of the stuff I ordered on 11/24 for their Black Friday sale.  I get they're probably busy with the holiday rush, but I've sent several follow ups this week to see what was up, and finally received a canned response which they also posted on their Facebook that they had some "tragedy" in their customer service department and were working on getting back to people.......whatever the hell that's suppose to mean.   I thought that e-mail / post was extremely unprofessional and lame, regardless of the circumstances.  Especially since they have no problem spamming me with 6+ e-mails a day with their daily deals.

Well, automated emails and responses from someone are a tiny bit different. Never ordered from them, so can't say anything about them.

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Well, automated emails and responses from someone are a tiny bit different. Never ordered from them, so can't say anything about them.

Normally I wouldn't care as much, but I have 2 record shows I'm doing this month, so the stuff I bought with their markdowns and the 20% discount code was intended for resale at the shows.  One show has already come and gone, and the other is next weekend.  I didn't think I'd have it for the show last weekend, and  I realize it's a busy time of year, but I was at least hoping to have the stuff for the show on the 17th.  I guess my frustration is already having my card charged for all the stuff on 11/24 and no updates on when / if the stuff is going to ship as of today.

Also, the automated response wasn't an immediate response to my query, I sent several follow ups this week asking what the status was with zero reply.  They sent out the automated response to everyone a day or 2 ago.

Edited by BoopsRecords
updated

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

Man... just when I thought not giving a shit about the well being of another human was the best part. I don't give a fuck what kind of personal tragedy may have fallen upon someone else, I need my records to flip dammit!

They're running a business, I'm not trying to be friends with them, I'm just asking to get what I paid for in a timely manor.  I'm loading shit into my truck, going to a show that I have to spend a decent amount of time to travel to, spending all day there to make a few bucks on a record that I can buy through them sometimes cheaper than my distributor.  If you want to get all high and mighty and call me a flipper, go for it, if that makes you feel better.  You put in as much time and work as I do doing shows and get back to me. 

6 minutes ago, BoopsRecords said:

They're running a business, I'm not trying to be friends with them, I'm just asking to get what I paid for in a timely manor.  I'm loading shit into my truck, going to a show that I have to spend a decent amount of time to travel to, spending all day there to make a few bucks on a record that I can buy through them sometimes cheaper than my distributor.  If you want to get all high and mighty and call me a flipper, go for it, if that makes you feel better.  You put in as much time and work as I do doing shows and get back to me. 

File a PayPal claim/charge back and get your money refunded, ya big baby.

Hopefully one day if you aren't able to make it to a "show" your loyal customers will understand and not get all worked up over fucking records.