The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

8 minutes ago, BoopsRecords said:

They're running a business, I'm not trying to be friends with them, I'm just asking to get what I paid for in a timely manor.  I'm loading shit into my truck, going to a show that I have to spend a decent amount of time to travel to, spending all day there to make a few bucks on a record that I can buy through them sometimes cheaper than my distributor.  If you want to get all high and mighty and call me a flipper, go for it, if that makes you feel better.  You put in as much time and work as I do doing shows and get back to me. 

LOL dude literally a few weeks ago you posted a pretty rude reply to my complaint about this very same company (popmarket) not replying to emails and now you're doing the same thing AND you're saying you don't care and/or you find it lame that their reason is that one of the employees or a close party may have died/been in an emergency?

For the record, it's totally OK to be disappointed or pissed off but, at the end of the day, personal health/safety takes precedence over the interests of a company or employer.  "I'm upset that I won't get my record in time but damn that's awful news" is 100% a possible response and, most folks would agree, reflects way better on an individual than launching into a self-righteous, self-pitying, defensive monologue about your own hard work while simultaneously diminishing the reality that some dude or woman probably died or was in the hospital and energy was diverted there for a day or two.  I know there is a nice, good Boops in there. We need to foster him and encourage him to come out.

4 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

File a PayPal claim/charge back and get your money refunded, ya big baby.

Hopefully one day if you aren't able to make it to a "show" your loyal customers will understand and not get all worked up over fucking records.

I'm not worked up, I was simply e-mailing to ask where an order was.  Pretty sure you've done the same in the past when weeks go by with no update.  Oh wait, you're high and mighy and better than me, so I'm sure you haven't.  I get that you want to be a keyboard warrior and put someone down for trying to make an extra buck on the side.  You can call me all the names you want, trash me, etc.  If that's what makes you feel better, go for it.

3 minutes ago, rds said:

LOL dude literally a few weeks ago you posted a pretty rude reply to my complaint about this very same company (popmarket) not replying to emails and now you're doing the same thing AND you're saying you don't care and/or you find it lame that their reason is that one of the employees or a close party may have died/been in an emergency?

For the record, it's totally OK to be disappointed or pissed off but, at the end of the day, personal health/safety takes precedence over the interests of a company or employer.  "I'm upset that I won't get my record in time but damn that's awful news" is 100% a possible response and, most folks would agree, reflects way better on an individual than launching into a self-righteous, self-pitying, defensive monologue about your own hard work while simultaneously diminishing the reality that some dude or woman probably died or was in the hospital and energy was diverted there for a day or two.  I know there is a nice, good Boops in there. We need to foster him and encourage him to come out.

I don't care if someone died.  Who cares, just ship me my shit.  I need a death certificate, and then maybe I would care.  Oh wait, no I wouldn't.  Business before death. 

My post was making fun of you for crying that you wanted to cancel an order after placing it.  I have money, I don't cancel.

1 minute ago, BoopsRecords said:

I don't care if someone died.  Who cares, just ship me my shit.  I need a death certificate, and then maybe I would care.  Oh wait, no I wouldn't.  Business before death. 

My post was making fun of you for crying that you wanted to cancel an order after placing it.  I have money, I don't cancel.

Ha.

I'll make a mental note of Boops Records, thanks bud.

Well, Boops, you totally convinced me that you were a non-self-aware, jerk-y kid who wrote multiple self-righteous defensive paragraphs in response to a possible death/emergency. It's good to know you did all that but it was for the LOLs. Still hoping for a Good Boops sighting and eventual identity take-over.

1 minute ago, daegor said:

Oh, I see, you didn't mean anything you said about this? :rolleyes:

No, I got jumped on and decided to run with it.  If poeople get worked up and take what I say seriously, go for it.  It's the internet, is anything on here serious?

I was suprised when I realized my Oct. Lemmy funko hadn't shipped, realized that today.  It's just unlike them.  PopMarket has always been solid and really reliable in my eyes, so when I didn't get a response I thought it was really odd b/c they're still heavily spamming their deals on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, rds said:

Well, Boops, you totally convinced me that you were a non-self-aware, jerk-y kid who wrote multiple self-righteous defensive paragraphs in response to a possible death/emergency. It's good to know you did all that but it was for the LOLs. Still hoping for a Good Boops sighting and eventual identity take-over.

If that's your way of trying to be funny behind a  keyboard, you're not very good at it.  I do appreciate your effort, though.  One day you'll provide me with a solid LOLz.  Until then, you're keeping me waiting, bro.

Edited by BoopsRecords
ps

8 minutes ago, rds said:

I think it was Winston Churchill who said "If you find yourself in a hole, keep digging until you get through the other side of the earth's crust."

I think it was you who said, "If I order this record from you online, can I e-mail you 10 minutes later to cancel it".

LOLLLLZZZZZZZ  I MADE A FUNNY!!!!:P

Just now, robes said:

Trolls often resort to that once they get called out on their BS. 

You're feeding the troll, brah!  Sersiouly, it's the internet, believe what you want here, kids.  You guys are the one's that keep resonding and giving this attention.  It's pretty hilarious.  Post some cat memes or something too, I've been waiting for one of those cuties.