The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

2 hours ago, BornWorried said:

What's some quality Sleeve City products do y'all recommend? I'm already buying my inner sleeves there, but wanted to take advantage of the discount and combined shipping.

I use these outters and love them:

https://www.sleevecityusa.com/3-0-outer-record-sleeves-p/9375.htm

3 hours ago, BornWorried said:

What's some quality Sleeve City products do y'all recommend? I'm already buying my inner sleeves there, but wanted to take advantage of the discount and combined shipping.

What I buy most consistently is

Ultimate Outer 2.5 (I personally feel 5.0 is way overkill but to each there own)

Diskeeper 2.0 Antistatic Record Sleeves (Sometimes I throw in a pack of MoFi inners as well)

Another thing you can do on Sleeve City is also add up to 5 samples with every order. The majority of products have a little link under the description that says "Get A Free Sample!". I usually get all my 10" record needs from samples and then try some other stuff out.

There's probably hardly anything good left but Norman Records has been having a 60% sale all day: https://www.normanrecords.com/reduced

I was seconds too late to buy Colleen's Everyone Alive Wants Answers reissue! Kind of kills me. I think there's like an hour left or something. Just got home.

EDIT: Lots of obscure UK indie 7inches, CDs and CDrs for the adventurous... 

Edited by armadillo01

UMG has launched The Sound Of Vinyl, which appears to be their version of Insound (which WMG now owns). Lots of big titles on deep discount, including Nirvana, U2, Watch The Throne, Rush, Elvis Costello, etc.:

https://thesoundofvinyl.us/sale.html

Save an additional $10 off your order with the code TENOFFUSA (good until April 30).

Edited by scottheisel

5 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

UMG has launched The Sound Of Vinyl, which appears to be their version of Insound (which WMG now owns). Lots of big titles on deep discount, including Nirvana, U2, Watch The Throne, Rush, Elvis Costello, etc.:

Save an additional $10 off your order with the code TENOFFUSA (good until April 30).

can't make discount code work :(

On April 10, 2017 at 8:06 AM, BornWorried said:

What are some quality Sleeve City products y'all recommend? I'm already buying my inner sleeves there, but wanted to take advantage of the discount and combined shipping.

A lot of people love their 2.5 super clear sleeves. They are really clear.

The 3.0 budget sleeves (100 pack) are great too and the ones I prefer (and cost less). IMO, I like the gummier sleeves that feel/look like the ones you see in record stores. The handling is nice and they don't easily slide, like the 2.5 clear sleeves, so it's less anxiety inducing to place a stack of records on a table or shelf for a moment. My records in 2.5 clear sleeves often slide .0001 seconds after I put them down and I have to make sure they don't fall off the surface I've just placed them on.

The 5.0 clear sleeves are like putting your records in a tank. It feels like overkill to me. I only bought 1 pack of those and didn't feel like I needed that thick of a sleeve.

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

Code wont' work. Is there a minimum order? Good only on regular priced items?

On 4/10/2017 at 1:29 PM, hype said:

What I buy most consistently is

Ultimate Outer 2.5 (I personally feel 5.0 is way overkill but to each there own)

Diskeeper 2.0 Antistatic Record Sleeves (Sometimes I throw in a pack of MoFi inners as well)

Another thing you can do on Sleeve City is also add up to 5 samples with every order. The majority of products have a little link under the description that says "Get A Free Sample!". I usually get all my 10" record needs from samples and then try some other stuff out.

2 hours ago, richardsurf said:

A lot of people love their 2.5 super clear sleeves. They are really clear.

The 3.0 budget sleeves (100 pack) are great too and the ones I prefer (and cost less). IMO, I like the gummier sleeves that feel/look like the ones you see in record stores. The handling is nice and they don't easily slide, like the 2.5 clear sleeves, so it's less anxiety inducing to place a stack of records on a table or shelf for a moment. My records in 2.5 clear sleeves often slide .0001 seconds after I put them down and I have to make sure they don't fall off the surface I've just placed them on.

The 5.0 clear sleeves are like putting your records in a tank. It feels like overkill to me. I only bought 1 pack of those and didn't feel like I needed that thick of a sleeve.

I think I'm going to sample the 2.5 sleeves. I also like the look and feel of the sleeves you see in record stores, but I'm willing to be swayed by the clarity of the ultimate outers. Thanks for the suggestions.

3 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

*WOOT* I just tried again, and it worked. Not bad getting that Nirvana for $23 shipped.

4 hours ago, gazzo said:

nice sale on the UK version though
https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/Easter-Vinyl-Sale/

examples

placebo unplugged 10€

jimmy eat world  clarity 10€

jew futures 10€
placebo meds 10€

frank turner 10€

etc etc

Cheap Cure catalog too. Must mean they are or will be cheap somewhere in US. Anyone know where I can get them for less than $17/ea? That's the lowest I've seen them for.

12 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

No clue — here's all the email said:

to celebrate our U.S. launch, we want to give you $10 off your first order...

Visit The Sound of Vinyl, start digging, and enter the code TENOFFUSA at the check-out to claim your $10 discount.This offer ends on April 30, so don't miss your chance to save!

The code wasn't working, but then started to work. Got that Bastille album for $7  with shipping. Not something that I would have normally wanted, but for that price it was totally worth it. 

The code wasn't working, but then started to work. Got that Bastille album for $7  with shipping. Not something that I would have normally wanted, but for that price it was totally worth it.