The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

Just now, Sasan said:

Yeah, I love it!

Saw him on a festival in Germany last year and was blown away! Immediate buy!

Oh, man, that's awesome he toured out there. He is from VA Beach which is about 90 minutes from me, so I'm hoping to see him live sometime in the near future.

That dude deserves way more attention.

16 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Oh, man, that's awesome he toured out there. He is from VA Beach which is about 90 minutes from me, so I'm hoping to see him live sometime in the near future.

That dude deserves way more attention.

I think it was some sort of coincidence that he was close to the festival place at that time. Would love to see him again! So much energy on stage! And yes, he definitely deserves more attention...super underrated!

9 hours ago, Sasan said:

Buy that Benjamin Booker on page 1!

3 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

That album is so great.

Just looked at his wiki page, definitely checking him out tonight. Sounds awesome! Just based on a couple reviews it kind of sounds like he could have a Gary Clark Jr kind of sound, true or false?

This sentence alone almost had me buy it blind for the 11 bucks haha

His music was described by the Chicago Tribune as "a raw brand of blues/boogie/soul,",[3] by The Independent as "frenzied guitar-strumming and raw, soulful vocals that are hair-raising in intensity"[4] and by SPIN as "bright, furious, explosive garage rock."

Edited by RhoBearToe

1 minute ago, RhoBearToe said:

Just looked at his wiki page, definitely checking him out tonight. Sounds awesome! Just based on a couple reviews it kind of sounds like he could have a Gary Clark Jr kind of sound, true or false?

I would say that's a fair comparison. Not as guitar solo driven, but definitely that nice blues rock / garage rock blend going on. I love Gary Clark Jr. (absolutely amazing live), and really dig Benjamin Booker. His album is on Spotify. Definitely give it a listen.

7 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I would say that's a fair comparison. Not as guitar solo driven, but definitely that nice blues rock / garage rock blend going on. I love Gary Clark Jr. (absolutely amazing live), and really dig Benjamin Booker. His album is on Spotify. Definitely give it a listen.

Sweet, thanks man! I'm excited to check him out.

11 hours ago, RhoBearToe said:

His music was described by the Chicago Tribune as "a raw brand of blues/boogie/soul,",[3] by The Independent as "frenzied guitar-strumming and raw, soulful vocals that are hair-raising in intensity"[4] and by SPIN as "bright, furious, explosive garage rock."

Great description! Check him out, you won't regret!

Kid Cudi/Kid Cudi Presents Satellite Fl@Explicit Version New $15.97
1 Soundtrack/High Fidelity (2LP Orange Vinyl) New $11.97
2 Phoenix / Bill Murray/Alone On Christmas Day New $1.94
1 A.F.I./All Hallow's E.P. Pre-owned $6.97
1 Disney Favorite Songs/Soundtrack Pre-owned $10.97

Bullmoose Vinyl Blowout

Most of the sale is pretty awful to be honest but there are def. some great deals hidden in there.. I got the above all for just under $50...

That Kid Kudi is a pretty incredible album that usually goes for 3-4 times this sale price.. It has very clear Pink Floyd influences in it which you can't say about many hip hop albums.

The Bill Murray Christmas 7" is only 98 cents so you can not really go wrong with that haha.

Another solid deal I saw that I did not get was My Morning Jacket's "Okonokos" for about $30.

some more decent deals...

Paranorman (Black or a surprise yellow) Soundtrack = $20

J Dilla - Diary =  $15.97

Deftones - B-Sides & Rarities = $15.97 for a used copy which are supposed to be "like new" from what I hear.

On 26/09/2016 at 8:38 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Thanks man. Ordered this - your recommendations have been right on point lately!

22 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

EBay Flash Sale:  $15 off $60, code  CFLASHSAVE15NOW , for until 10:00PM PST today only.

If you leverage this with the GetImportCDs' $25% off sale - wow!  

Thanks for this. I can always use these. 

Just curius, but how do you find out about these?

22 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

EBay Flash Sale:  $15 off $60, code  CFLASHSAVE15NOW , for until 10:00PM PST today only.

Thanks for this. I can always use these. 

Just curius, but how do you find out about these?

4 hours ago, jackshidt said:

How do you use the get_ImortCDs 25% sale? Sorry if this is an obvious question, I must be missing something.