itsgoodtobefree

The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

3,790 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ImmaculateKicks86 said:

for those who haven't had luck with getting a copy of heartbreaker (deluxe edition) four LP/DVD here is a live link with 4 available 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132096735837?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

THANK YOU for posting this.

 

I was saving my Bull Moose points so I could get this for around $40.

 

Really did not want to spend $70+ dollars on an album I have bought TWICE already just to get the B-sides and DVD.

 

Getting this for $18.28 is a STEAL!

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Buy has a decent deal. $25 off orders of $100+ if you use Visa Checkout -- you don't even need to have a Visa card to use it. They say you can only use the promotion once but people have gotten it to work with multiple orders.

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a lot of other great deals in addition to those box sets from Oddbanana, they don't seem to be willing to combine shipping, but even with that said they were still pretty good deals:

 

Heartless Bastards - Restless Ones $4.13 + 2.98 sh

No Joy - More Faithful $3.13 +2.98 sh

Blacklisted - When People Grow, People Go - $6.16 +2.98 sh

Mew - +/- $4.76 +2.98sh

Tim Kasher - Adult Film - 4.29 + 2.98 sh

Frightened Rabbit - $4.54 +2.98 sh

Jay-z - Vol. 3 The Life and Times of S. Carter $5.31 + 2.98 sh

Desaparecidos - Payola $4.00 + 2.98 sh

sve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

I found a lot of other great deals in addition to those box sets from Oddbanana, they don't seem to be willing to combine shipping, but even with that said they were still pretty good deals:

 

Heartless Bastards - Restless Ones $4.13 + 2.98 sh

No Joy - More Faithful $3.13 +2.98 sh

Blacklisted - When People Grow, People Go - $6.16 +2.98 sh

Mew - +/- $4.76 +2.98sh

Tim Kasher - Adult Film - 4.29 + 2.98 sh

Frightened Rabbit - $4.54 +2.98 sh

Jay-z - Vol. 3 The Life and Times of S. Carter $5.31 + 2.98 sh

Desaparecidos - Payola $4.00 + 2.98 sh

Which Frightened Rabbit album?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 7:00 AM, Thomas³ said:

Is oddbanana just ccmusic/importcds/etc? Location is the same. They have some good stuff still, if you sort lowest to highest. Grabbed Tim Kasher - Adult Film LP for $7.27ppd.

I have looked into this a little further.    It looks like importcds/ccmusic/deepdiscount/oddbanana all share a common heritage with the big California distributor Super D  (www.sdcd.com).    

 

I am not sure how all of the shipments coming from Kentucky figure into it., but I see that many other types of businesses also have warehouses in the Louisville / Shepherdsville area.  It must be their proximity to the big UPS hub there.

 

 

Thomas³ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Holo said:

Ended up snagging the Ryan Adams box, does anyone need the standard press of Heartbreaker for cheap?

I grabbed one this morning, with the intention of sending it to you but forgot to message you (busy ass morning). Glad you got one though. I'll keep it and give it a listen before deciding to pass it to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I grabbed one this morning, with the intention of sending it to you but forgot to message you (busy ass morning). Glad you got one though. I'll keep it and give it a listen before deciding to pass it to someone else.

Fuck, sorry you ended up with an extra. It's a really good record and shouldn't be hard to move for that price or flip.

 

Thanks though dude <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2017 at 7:25 AM, jackshidt said:

I won't belabor the point, this isn't the right thread and I don't think Vinyl Collective members really care that much, but in general terms, it goes back to the e-commerce concept of 'The Long Tail'.    (You could start reading here:  http://www.thelongtail.com/about.html .

 

Basically, when you go to an obscure Amazon.com listing and see there are 29 dealers offering new copies for sale at various prices, the truth of the matter is there might be only a single copy of this record, sitting on a warehouse shelf in Kentucky, and everyone is offering the same exact disc as if it was there own.

 

Most of VC's favorite dealers do not operate this way: they actually buy and hold the LP inventory they offer for sale online.   Most importantly, they know when it goes out of stock and can adjust their listings accordingly.   In the 'old days' of 2005, an active buyer of CDs or DVDs might receive cancel notices on 25% of their orders place with third-party sellers on Amazon.

in case anyone is curious, the biggest one stop distributor is alliance entertainment and their shipping building is based out of KY. companies like pop market are using them like a drop shipper which is why sometimes pop market orders just go totally MIA for a bit -- distributors inventory systems by and large are stuck in the 90s

 

one stops are pretty much a giant scam where a big distributor (alliance in this case) places orders from your labels and then resells to 3rd party services (internet record stores, real record stores who can't guarantee they'll be able to place 10k orders per year, etc) at bogus markups, usually like 30% higher than it would cost for these people to go direct. always breaks my heart a little bit to see such great sales because you know these people are just eating so much cost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I have looked into this a little further.    It looks like importcds/ccmusic/deepdiscount/oddbanana all share a common heritage with the big California distributor Super D  (www.sdcd.com).    

 

I am not sure how all of the shipments coming from Kentucky figure into it., but I see that many other types of businesses also have warehouses in the Louisville / Shepherdsville area.  It must be their proximity to the big UPS hub there.

 

 

Yeah, as a Louisvillian, we have not only have a pretty big UPS deal going on, but I want to say an Amazon warehouse type thing less than an hour away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now