The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

On 2/16/2017 at 4:40 PM, slipcraig said:

10 K Records LPs for $25 + shipping

It's likely these LPs will be artists you might not have heard of before, but K has released a lot of good music in its time. Always good to support a truly independent label. 

I received my K Records 10-LP bundle (approximately $35 including shipping). These are not dogs! Check out the list:

• Treepeople, Guilt, Regret and Embarrassment  (fantastic pre-Built to Spill band--great album!)
  • Modest Mouse, Sad Sappy Sucker
  • Iqu and Friends, Teenage Dream (a total of 9 remixes of 2 songs)
  • Some Velvet Sidewalk, Shipwreck
  • Black Anger, 206 Mix Tapes (Worldwide)
  • Desolation Wilderness, New Universe 
  • Mecca Normal, Calico Kills the Cat
  • Jeremy Jay, A Place Where We Could Go
  • Old Time Relijun, La Sirena de Pecera (Phil Elvrum on drums)
  • Snuff, Reach
  • Mirah, Gone Are All the Days Remixes
  • Woelv,  Tout Seul dans La Foret en Pleine Jour

Edited by slipcraig

I have received all of my oddbanana buys from last week now.  All were in new condition, all were LPs and not CDs.

I'm a little ticked off, though: for my Day Of the Dead set they used the nice printed white 4AD pizza box as the outside packing box: it is covered with the mailing and tracking labels and packing tape.    Grrrr! 

7 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I have received all of my oddbanana buys from last week now.  All were in new condition, all were LPs and not CDs.

I'm a little ticked off, though: for my Day Of the Dead set they used the nice printed white 4AD pizza box as the outside packing box: it is covered with the mailing and tracking labels and packing tape.    Grrrr! 

Mine was sealed and new but no pizza box. Not a deal breaker for me.

29 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

When I started reading about a pizza box and it being covered first I thought it was covered with melted cheese and sauce

2 hours ago, jackshidt said:

Mine was shipped the same way.  Meh.  A $100+ boxset for $30 without the extra unnecessary box, ah well.  I'll  take it every time.  

4 minutes ago, axotyl said:

i think for a casual beatles fan/listener, its def worth $120

I remember reading that there were QC issues with the Stereo set, though I could be mistaken.

Also, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think this person bought 15 copies to casually listen to them NOR will they  resell them for $120.

Edited by jonnywreck

im saying the price is worth it in general. i got mine for $130 a few months ago and all the albums sound great. barely any noticeable surface noise. i think the ones manufactured in europe tended to fare a lot better than the ones made in the USA.

the mixes are weird on a lot of the earlier albums and yes, you are buying a digital remaster pressed on an analog format, which is not the case with the mono set. but im just a casual beatles listener and for less than $10 a disc i think its hard to complain (unless you get a box with a lot of surface noise)

42 minutes ago, axotyl said:

im saying the price is worth it in general. i got mine for $130 a few months ago and all the albums sound great. barely any noticeable surface noise. i think the ones manufactured in europe tended to fare a lot better than the ones made in the USA.

the mixes are weird on a lot of the earlier albums and yes, you are buying a digital remaster pressed on an analog format, which is not the case with the mono set. but im just a casual beatles listener and for less than $10 a disc i think its hard to complain (unless you get a box with a lot of surface noise)

This. It's their whole discography. for that price I can't complain unless it's utter shit sounding

If this comes back again...

" Ebay’s running another sitewide flash sale, for six hours only this afternoon. Promo code CFEBFLASH10OFF will take $10 off almost any $50 eBay order when you pay with PayPal. The only exclusions are gift cards, real estate, and actual money (dammit), but everything else is fair game. "

7 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

If this comes back again...

" Ebay’s running another sitewide flash sale, for six hours only this afternoon. Promo code CFEBFLASH10OFF will take $10 off almost any $50 eBay order when you pay with PayPal. The only exclusions are gift cards, real estate, and actual money (dammit), but everything else is fair game. "

Thanks