itsgoodtobefree

The Vinyl Deals Thread (non-Amazon)

3,491 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, hype said:

That is awesome considering the ridiculous normal shipping costs to Canada.  

Yeah, that was the first time I had heard of Chapman as well! I was sampling a bunch of stuff in the sale and that one def. stood out the most by far. It was too bad his other album had already sold out in the sale or I would have grabbed that as well. 

I still haven't heard if it shipped - if you don't mind PMing me when/if you get any kind of notification, that would be helpful to me (so that if they're not letting this go through I can figure out next steps).

I listened to the song Aviator by Chapman, and that was it for me. So good. Now I need to find that album...

At the Drive In - Relationship of Command $28.62 free shipping.  This is listed as a vinyl record but is listed under CDs.  I did reach out to them and they confirmed it is a record.  Its coming from oversees so it might take a while but these have been sold out everywhere and are generally selling for much much more.  

Edited by sve

2 hours ago, sve said:

At the Drive In - Relationship of Command $28.62 free shipping.  This is listed as a vinyl record but is listed under CDs.  I did reach out to them and they confirmed it is a record.  Its coming from oversees so it might take a while but these have been sold out everywhere and are generally selling for much much more.  

The link isn't working for me. Is it a variant or something? Because black copies of this album aren't expensive at all. I got mine for like $25 sometime in the past year. 

10 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

The link isn't working for me. Is it a variant or something? Because black copies of this album aren't expensive at all. I got mine for like $25 sometime in the past year. 

Should be working now, sorry about that.  No, i believe this is just the black version.  But for someone who missed out on that when it was still available, this is a great deal.  Its sold out EVERYWHERE.  If you can find me a store with it for $25, please take my money now.  

12 minutes ago, sve said:

Should be working now, sorry about that.  No, i believe this is just the black version.  But for someone who missed out on that when it was still available, this is a great deal.  Its sold out EVERYWHERE.  If you can find me a store with it for $25, please take my money now.  

That's crazy. It was repressed for RSD a few years back, then kept in print on black forever. 

6 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That's crazy. It was repressed for RSD a few years back, then kept in print on black forever. 

Yep, i stopped adding records for a few years, never got around to buying it and next thing you know its out of stock and selling for way more than its worth.  I was just happy picking up a copy for close to normal price at this point.  

48 minutes ago, sve said:

Yep, i stopped adding records for a few years, never got around to buying it and next thing you know its out of stock and selling for way more than its worth.  I was just happy picking up a copy for close to normal price at this point.  

I wanna say the RSD variant ( and black from most places) was over $30 so you got a good deal regardless. The shop I got mine from just has a VIP thing where you save 10-20% on the majority of their stock. That's why I got it for what I did. 

11 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

It wasn't. Only Window.  But now I'm gonna have to be on the lookout for Fully Qualified...

Playing Guitar The Easy Way was also part of the sale for only $9 but it sold out within the first few hours of the sale so I missed it as well. I am also on the lookout for most of his other stuff now as well!

And to answer your above question I have not got any shipping notification yet but with the sale they are probably getting a lot more orders then normal so I would say give it until next week. I am sure you are good though.

Here is an album I ran across on Amazon from this sale I could not get into but it is ridiculously cheap at only $4.74 from the Amazon Warehouse Morley Look - Northland My Land (Used-Like New)