Northlane - Discoveries Repress

piky0032

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Repress is back on.....

‪#‎TBT‬ - In 2012, a few months after releasing Northlane’s debut album ‪#‎Discoveries‬, we released the album on vinyl for the first time. As always, the guys in the band wanted to do something extra special for fans, so we created only 300 copies, each hand-numbered. We also made a different cover for the vinyl than the CD / Digital version. 150 copies were on special “Nebula” vinyl, which was 5 colours all mixed together to reflect the nebula on the cover of the record. Getting the mix of colours was tough, so we got 3 unique test presses to choose different methods for getting those colours right. Of those three, one of them inexplicably had a Hopesfall album pressed onto it - which meant there is only 2 that are actual test presses. Once we got that colour right the 150 nebula vinyl sold out in less than 10 minutes, and today it's one of the rarest and most sought after UNFD vinyl pieces (along with the super limited red vinyl of Youngbloods, of which there is only 100 made). Ebay purchases of the record have seen it generate 4 figures pretty regularly.

While we’re stoked for everyone that has a copy of this amazing piece of UNFD history - we want to make sure that people can still get a copy of “Discoveries” on vinyl. So later this year we will be releasing a second pressing of this iconic record on 12” vinyl. There won’t be any hand numbering on this one, but it wouldn’t be a Northlane release without some special colours. We can’t wait for people to hear the album on vinyl as it sounds superb. Stay tuned for more info!

On July 5, 2016 at 6:58 PM, mattisr1984 said:

not saying youre wrong - but they also make it sound like each bundle is limited to 100. oh well - already ordered the KRM version anyway.

lol so has discoveries nebula ever actually broken three figures or is this just typical UNFD shit? and i like the label/own a nebula lol. i've never seen it sell that high, and i doubt it's "regularly" breaking it, though. 

but i've been out of the loop recently so maybe i'm wrong.

10 hours ago, jaedong said:

lol so has discoveries nebula ever actually broken three figures or is this just typical UNFD shit? and i like the label/own a nebula lol. i've never seen it sell that high, and i doubt it's "regularly" breaking it, though. 

but i've been out of the loop recently so maybe i'm wrong.

No, you are correct, No Nebula or White press has ever gone over the $1k mark......The Nebula TP that went up recently went for over $1k but thats a TP

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Already have a first press but I'll probably pick this up! 

Yep same..........I did chuck up on the Facebook they should press it as a 2Lp at 45rpm haha won't happen 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Billich0986 said:

Did these go up anywhere else besides Banquet? I couldn't find any other place carrying them. (Mostly curious at this point, since my order from Banquet shipped on the 9th.)

24hundred will have them included in the christmas thing they are running.........otherwise plenty of stores on ebay have been selling them