PO: Lost Highway OST on Vinyl!

Haha you guys are killing me....must resist ....urge...to order.

I've spent $400 on vinyl in the last week. It's not normal for me to do that at all. I just came across some really good deals on LPs I just could not pass up.

.....and now I feel like I can't pass this one up either...

Haha you guys are killing me....must resist ....urge...to order.

I've spent $400 on vinyl in the last week. It's not normal for me to do that at all. I just came across some really good deals on LPs I just could not pass up.

.....and now I feel like I can't pass this one up either...

It's worth it..

Holy fuck, that's insane!  I wonder how inflated that price will be before it sells.  And how much the buyer will regret it when a $30 BIN copy goes up for sale.  :wacko:

So I'm still waiting on my copy to arrive, but a few things come to mind about this:

I'm fairly certain this is the same guy behind the fairly high quality boots of Smashing Pumpkins, Nick Cave, et al. Those two have since seen nice legit reissues (quality issues with the Pumpkins box not withstanding), so clearly there are folks in the industry paying attention.

At the same time, I was able to figure out who the guy is with about 30 seconds of googling, and he's been doing this for a LONG time, a decade at least, as a sideline to his label's normal releases (though he's certainly stepped it up in the last few years). The fact that he's still up & running despite industry eyes are clearly gauging how his boots do (to determine what they ought to reissue) means that I need to step up my own bootleg game!

How did THIS guy get THAT kind of money for this record!?!?!?!?!

Wtf? Should i relist mine when it gets here?

No. That guy was probably just obsessive about having a rare variant. There's far more completed listings for double yellow than for yellow/clear (just one other I could find). I can't think of any other reason why the price on that one would be so astronomical. Pretty dumb IMO.

No. That guy was probably just obsessive about having a rare variant. There's far more completed listings for double yellow than for yellow/clear (just one other I could find). I can't think of any other reason why the price on that one would be so astronomical. Pretty dumb IMO.

I personally think the double yellow looks way better than a yellow/clear.  Yellow/clear screams bootleg, while double yellow seems at least a little more legit.