The Flesh and Bone Records Thread (8-18 NEW OWNERSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT)

• 2 weeks later...

We're proud to announce that we'll be releasing the self-titled collaborative effort between Kansas City songwriters Doby Watson and Margo May as FBR021!

RIYL - Sun Kil Moon, Rocky Votolato, Grouper, Marissa Nadler, Jenny Lewis

The cassette release is limited to 100 total. /50 silver tapes w/ navy imprint and /50 navy tapes w/ silver imprint. Both have different cover photos as well! Only $5, or get both variants for $9. There is also a new Watson & May shirt in 2 colors for only $16.

STREAM the full album here - http://bit.ly/1KhR81D
PURCHASE the cassettes here - http://bit.ly/1LKssfJ
PURCHASE the shirts here - http://bit.ly/1Eag1F6

10914977_1615484462040556_88473040182646

tape_2020_original.jpg

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY. We're running a super sale all weekend. Every single release is $5 or less. No discount code required! www.fleshandbonerecords.storenvy.com

ADJY - $2.50
Fairgrounds - $2.50
Father Figure - $2.50
Lesser Lights - $2.50
Sky Flying By - $2.50
Brother Cephus - $3.50
Vasudeva - $4
Claim Culture - $5
The Collection - $5
Other Mountains - $5
Watson & May - $5

11406735_1617500145172321_52943885755637

• 2 weeks later...

So excited for the brand new cassette collective forum! 

HUGE NEWS. On July 24th, I'm moving out of Florida, and headed back to Pennsylvania. I'm in the middle of a sell-off of most things in the house, and it would be great to do the same with tapes. This means you get deals for the rest of the month! All tapes are $4 or less. Shipping has been reduced. The less tapes I have to move to PA, the better! Sale starts right now, and goes until July 23rd. This is the cheapest everything has ever been and will probably ever be! www.fleshandbonerecords.storenvy.com

11696372_1619406221648380_52437781400564

11722160_1620924668163202_79146546566698

We're beyond excited to announce that Chicago's Lume have joined the Flesh and Bone family! As of today you can stream/purchase their debut EP just in time for their summer tour! The band will have tapes on the tour, but if you're unable to see them, we have you covered in the webstore!

Steam the album here - http://bit.ly/1JfJGi1
Purchase tapes here - http://bit.ly/1gA4PwC
Purchase an exclusive shirt here - http://bit.ly/1CEC9fL

This release is limited to 75 tapes in 3 different variants - /25 pink splatter black tapes, /25 blue splatter black tapes, and /25 gold splatter black tapes. Each includes a double sided 4-panel j-card housed in a clear case, digital download, and flesh and bone sticker!

RIYL - Cloakroom / Balance and Composure / Pianos Become The Teeth / As Cities Burn

11753718_1620925274829808_36110589071463

so stoked some lume stuff is getting out there! crushed i missed the adjy tapes though! :wacko:

thanks!  the lume tapes turned out awesome, you should snag one!  the adjy tapes went pretty fast - they had a whole order of the flammarion woodcut tapes on their current tour with the appleseed cast - if you're catching that, you may be able to still snag a tape!  i'm not sure if we'll be doing a third press at all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HUGE NEWS - When I started Flesh & Bone Records, I wanted this to be a hobby, and just have fun putting out some great releases from artists that I personally enjoy. I did just that, but as time went on, this really started to grow into something a lot more serious. So many of you have really latched on to the label, really supported all of these amazing artists, and helped this effort grow into something very substantial in only a year's time. Artists that we have worked with have already moved on to bigger and better labels, received amazing opportunities to do huge tours across the U.S. and Europe, worked out great licensing deals for TV and movies, and so many other things. We've really created a little family here, and I couldn't be more proud of all this has become.

For those of you who do not know, I do design full-time, which is what birthed this label to begin with. I didn't ask for any money, no kickstarters to make these releases happen, I just put my nose to the grindstone and work to save what is needed to bring these releases to life. In the last few months, everything with my design firm, Flesh and Bone Design, has continued to grow and flourish, making me busier than ever. At the same time, the label has been growing, making it a strain to focus all of the time and attention I need on both outlets.

Something needed to be done about this, so a solution has been reached. I will be leaving all operations of Flesh and Bone Records, handing the reigns over to Dylan Hulett from the band LUME that we did a release with recently. Dylan is in the process of buying out the label, and it will be 100% in his control from this point forward. We didn't want to see Flesh & Bone Records die, as there is still so much promise for the future. Dylan was in a position where he was about to start a label anyways, so this was a perfect opportunity to pass this on to someone deserving and capable. Flesh & Bone Records is in good hands, and I hope you all support Dylan's efforts, direction, ideas, and new artists he'll be bringing to the table here!

I'll still be here on the sidelines rooting for everything the label does. I'll absolutely still be hard at work every day over at Flesh & Bone Design, so if any of you ever want to work together on any design projects, be sure to hit me up over there!

Thank you to everyone that purchased tapes and kept this label afloat. Thank you to everyone that has downloaded albums from our artists. Thank you to everyone that has shared a status, shared an encouraging word, or went to a show of any of our artists. Thank you for supporting the DIY community, and thank you for continuing to question everything, creating your own worlds wherever you are. Thank you for keeping punk rock alive in 2015.

Again, I just struck the match and got this started. The torch is passed on to Dylan, who will continue to grow Flesh & Bone and take the label into it's next chapter, and far into the future. Keep supporting him and all of these wonderful artists, we all need to help each other out there as much as we can!

Goodbye my friends, it's been an honor running this record label, and I look forward to whatever the future holds!

- Brian Morgante