Comic Con 2018 (SDCC) - New Year Same Old Thread

stl_ben

Have any of you seen the documentary about the dude who goes to comic con to sell comics and he doesn't break even and gets all depressed? I forget what it's called.

Nope but I hope you remember, it sounds interesting! I think some artists in the artists alleys don't break even, I was talking to one and he said he was desperate to make a sale since he hasn't all day and it was already 3:00PM. He was marking down everything just to generate any interest.

Nope but I hope you remember, it sounds interesting! I think some artists in the artists alleys don't break even, I was talking to one and he said he was desperate to make a sale since he hasn't all day and it was already 3:00PM. He was marking down everything just to generate any interest.

It mostly likely this one: http://www.hulu.com/watch/356864

It's an interesting doc because it paints the con as a place that is great, but there is a kinda of maniac energy that continues to slowly overtake this con. I get that feeling at times even going one day. I remember just being able to walk up the day of the con and buy a pass with my family. It's hilarious that people who go there will collect everything but the comics now haha. And the hundred lines for anything. Lol I still remember that year where a bunch of dorks were lugging around that Super Helicarrier. Funny as hell. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2016 at 7:26 PM, stl_ben said:

Go to a con, its a great time.  Local cons are fun, but SDCC is fun in a whole different way.  I can not wait.

I bet! I think I just missed my local one (Phoenix), but yeah, SDCC, and maybe even NYCC, look like a whole different experience. I'll need to start planning now for next year...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...