PO now: Sonic Youth - Bad Moon Rising reissue; EVOL coming later

out April 14th

https://midheaven.com/item/bad-moon-rising-by-sonic-youth-cd#.VPEOXVPF9NE

press release:

Bad Moon Rising will be re-issued on CD and LP  the band’s own label April 14th. Both editions will include extra tracks: Halloween, Flower and Satan is  Boring (and a download card w/ the  LP).

EVOL CD and LP editions will be reissued in  Spring 2015.

CD/2xLP editions of ‘Sonic Youth’, Daydream Nation 2xlp and CD, Ciccone Youth CD are all  available now via the band’s own label distributed by Revolver/Midheaven.

Daydream Nation, The Whitey Album, and ‘Sonic Youth’ all  recently reissued, will be followed by LP and CD editions of Sonic Youth’s currently out-of-print pre-Geffen catalog including Bad Moon Rising, EVOL, Sister, Confusion is Sex and a DVD edition of Screaming Fields of Sonic Love w/ bonus material.

Can we just turn this into a Sonic Youth appreciation topic? I finally found a copy of Sister put out by ORG on Discogs and I paid $30 shipped from Canada for the black copy, but they sent me the purple instead. That made me happy. It also made me happy buying a still sealed copy of Experimental Jet Set and buying a NM+ copy of Washing Machine for $38 shipped a few months ago.