Pro-Ject Debut III Motor Noise?

I recently purchased through a friend and used Debut III turntable. Huge upgrade from my AT LP 60. It sounds great! Up until the motor started making noise. This was shipped to me and it was packaged well, but i noticed that the transport screws weren't put back when I opened the box it came in. Is there anyway I can get this noise fixed with out replacing the motor? I can't really describe the sound through word so I put up a little video of the noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_wxS_wu7Ns

All the help would be appreciated!

I had the exact same thing happen to mine. I had to order a new one as I guess these are notorious for shipping with craptastic motors. The only solution I found that would alleviate the problem was to screw the motor down with the transport screws, but that would only work for about 15 minutes each time before the humming started again. Since installing the new motor, it's been playing beautifully. Cost about $40 I think and the installation wasn't hard at all, as long as you have access to a soldering iron. 

In fact, if I remember correctly, these motors were so bad that they stopped using them altogether in their new models. So if you do buy a new one, make sure it's the old style motor because the new version doesn't work with the voltage/amperage/something-about-electricity-that-I-don't-understand in the Debut III. Got mine off Needle Doctor.

In fact, if I remember correctly, these motors were so bad that they stopped using them altogether in their new models. So if you do buy a new one, make sure it's the old style motor because the new version doesn't work with the voltage/amperage/something-about-electricity-that-I-don't-understand in the Debut III. Got mine off Needle Doctor.

Yeah I looked into buying a new motor. The one off NeedleDoctor did it say just debut? i couldn't find one specifically for the debut iii

Yeah I looked into buying a new motor. The one off NeedleDoctor did it say just debut? i couldn't find one specifically for the debut iii

This is the motor I bought: http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Motor-for-Debut-and-Xpression?sc=2&category=433

Works great on mine, but if you want to double-check I sent them an email before purchase making sure it was the correct AC (not the new DC) motor so I'm sure they'd help you out the same.