PO Now: "The Devil Is People" by Bonnie Stillwatter (feat. Bonnie "Prince" Billy)

Release Date 4/28/15 (pre-orders ship 4/14): http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr253

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER! ALL ITEMS WILL SHIP ON OR AROUND APRIL 14, 2015!

Bonnie Stillwatter is a conceptual collaboration of artistry and friendship between Will Oldham (aka Bonnie 'Prince' Billy), experimental rock group Watter(featuring a member of Grails), and Stillwater Artisanal, a nomadic brewer that mixes equal parts art and alcohol. This collaboration is an inspired one, the roots of which are a mutual respect and love, and the fruits of which are two side-long trips into dark cinematic folk-rock determined to find the light at the end of the tunnel. "The Devil Is People" begins not unlike the east-meets-west melancholy of Watter and Grails. Oldham's penchant for weaving singer with song is particularly resonant here; his first-person storytelling has an uncanny way of sounding communal – almost hymnal – when wrapped in ever-unfolding layers of warm sound. On the b-side, mercurial multi-instrumentalist/producer Bundy K. Brown (TortoiseGastr del Sol) explodes "The Devil Is People", rearranging and reinterpreting its multitude of instruments and voices into something more sinister – less a remix, more like a vital new limb growing from the belly of the beast.

Three color variants available!

TRR253_ColoredVinyl_A_WEB.jpg

TRR253_ColoredVinyl_B_WEB.jpg

TRR253_ColoredVinyl_C_WEB.jpg

• 1 month later...

UGH. My dumb ass is just now grasping the fact that this is a two track 12", with one of the tracks being a remix no less.

This will teach me to look before I leap.

I totally thought this was going to be a LP.

I did the exact same thing last week. I was kicking myself when I went back and read the description.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the orange, got the blue. No big deal but I've got a serious case of the buyer's remorse with this one. I'm listening to it now, probably won't listen to it much more after this.

Often times, my least favorite Bonnie releases have grown on me. Give it time if you're willing.

I dig the track. Hope to see more from this collaboration in the future. They are doing a pub crawl on Saturday for the release of this and the related beer. I'll probably go to one of the early performances.

https://www.facebook.com/events/666985226778919/

See you there amigo. Planning on the 4:30. Probably show up a couple hours early and sample that beer.