Tom Delonge - To The Stars

I like Tom, I think his singing style is unique and cool. So, I'm not necessarily purchasing this because it's a must own, but because I'm a fan of his. If Paul McCartney released an album of demos, I guarantee his fans would eat it up. It's a cool insight into his songwriting and tracks that never made albums or tracks that he thought sounded cool but never went forward with. I think it'll be an interesting album.

I like Tom, I think his singing style is unique and cool. So, I'm not necessarily purchasing this because it's a must own, but because I'm a fan of his. If Paul McCartney released an album of demos, I guarantee his fans would eat it up. It's a cool insight into his songwriting and tracks that never made albums or tracks that he thought sounded cool but never went forward with. I think it'll be an interesting album.

You're right. Tom Delonge and Paul McCartney are basically the same.

guess there no point in bands having there music mixed and mastered when you can just slap demos on vinyl and say 30 dollars please, oh no the 180 grams will make up for the complete lack of production assistance. Seems like a last effort cash grab from all the blink fans

Why do you thinks this is slapped together and rushed?

because he announced it right after the whole blink split up fiasco.. these are blink demos that he decided to release after mark and travis said he wasnt putting any effort towards the band.

He works at and owns a recording studio in San Diego, if the ideas were there it doesn't sound like it'd take much to finish if you already have a vision for them.

Why do you thinks this is slapped together and rushed?

It's "an album of demos, odds and ends" I'm not sure you would record songs and go through all the proper steps of production, mixing and mastering just to call your work a collection of demos. Like I said, just seems like a money grab to me. No more Blink for Tom, so Tom takes what he had left for Blink and tries to make money off it. Can't blame him, make your money while you can, but it sits in line with the statement Mark and Travis put out I guess

It's "an album of demos, odds and ends" I'm not sure you would record songs and go through all the proper steps of production, mixing and mastering just to call your work a collection of demos. Like I said, just seems like a money grab to me. No more Blink for Tom, so Tom takes what he had left for Blink and tries to make money off it. Can't blame him, make your money while you can, but it sits in line with the statement Mark and Travis put out I guess

You mean he can't live on the 35 cents he gets every time Comedy Central airs an American Pie movie?

Why do people think Tom is in it for the money? If that was true, he could write some pop punk songs and cash in on Blink. He hasn't done this. Mark and Travis claim they want to preserve the "legacy" but they have kicked out the longest standing member in a very public way. They also plan to continue playing shows without Tom as Blink, but somehow Tom is the one who's in it for the money?

This release is obviously a big fuck you to Mark and Travis from Tom. Back when Boxcar Racer started Mark was freaking because he thought the label was asking Tom to go solo. This is Tom saying "you're gonna kick me out? Well, I don't need you guys" not to mention The Dream Walker was the best thing Tom has done post-blink.

Mark has teased numerous solo projects and collaborations including a children's album with Matt Skiba but very little music if any? has been released from Mark. Tom has put out multiple AVA albums and various projects in that time.   

Do I wish they could sort their shit out and we could get blink-182 back? Yes. Will that happen? Doubtful. Mark and Travis should have continued with +44 and let Tom do his own thing...

No one knows that yet. and no, if he cared about the money he would record with Mark and Travis because way more people will buy a blink-182 record than a Tom Delonge record, you can't possibly argue with that...

That's not an option anymore. So, this the next best thing. You can't possibly argue with that...

If Tom wanted to cash in on Blink 182, he wouldn't release a rushed album for $40.  He'd like...if he wanted to just cash in...he would...you know, Mark always promised a solo album and never did it.  Tom always followed through.  It's Mark...you know...and Travis...like...the point is that Tom isn't doing this to cash in.  If he wanted to cash in...he'd like... Mark and Travis are the ones who kicked him out and want to cash in...Matt Skiba...you know...you'd buy an LP of unreleased Beatles songs if Paul McCartney released it...

If Tom wanted to cash in on Blink 182, he wouldn't release a rushed album for $40.  He'd like...if he wanted to just cash in...he would...you know, Mark always promised a solo album and never did it.  Tom always followed through.  It's Mark...you know...and Travis...like...the point is that Tom isn't doing this to cash in.  If he wanted to cash in...he'd like... Mark and Travis are the ones who kicked him out and want to cash in...Matt Skiba...you know...you'd buy an LP of unreleased Beatles songs if Paul McCartney released it...

I'm actually pretty excited about the idea of Mark, Travis, and Matt.

I've never been a fan of Tom's voice, honestly.