Tom Delonge - To The Stars

This release is obviously a big fuck you to Mark and Travis from Tom.

Then why not just put the tracks out digitally for free? $99 for a litho is stupid as hell. You think he has enough money? This dude was putting his BS social media related promo company ahead of his "primary" band, I think it's pretty clear that he will cash-in anyway he can.

No one knows that yet. and no, if he cared about the money he would record with Mark and Travis because way more people will buy a blink-182 record than a Tom Delonge record, you can't possibly argue with that...

No one knows that?

He came out and said that he was releasing his Blink demos on March 1st.. instead he announces a preorder for the demos at a ridiculous price

If Tom wanted to cash in on Blink 182, he wouldn't release a rushed album for $40.  He'd like...if he wanted to just cash in...he would...you know, Mark always promised a solo album and never did it.  Tom always followed through.  It's Mark...you know...and Travis...like...the point is that Tom isn't doing this to cash in.  If he wanted to cash in...he'd like... Mark and Travis are the ones who kicked him out and want to cash in...Matt Skiba...you know...you'd buy an LP of unreleased Beatles songs if Paul McCartney released it...

3OqBaaY.jpg

Then why not just put the tracks out digitally for free? $99 for a litho is stupid as hell. You think he has enough money? This dude was putting his BS social media related promo company ahead of his "primary" band, I think it's pretty clear that he will cash-in anyway he can.

It's not a "BS social media related promo company" 

It's clear his heart wasn't in blink anymore. Like Travis said you can't force a grown man to do something he doesn't want to do.. 

It's clear his heart wasn't in blink anymore. Like Travis said you can't force a grown man to do something he doesn't want to do.. 

The problem with what you're saying is this release is him pretending his heart still was in Blink.

These are blink demos he says he wrote before everything blew up on him

"Modlife is a customizable software platform that streamlines the process of selling digital and physical product packages. Thinking about buying an iTunes album? Modlife will encourage that purchase with a hand-screened poster to go along with it. Want to see the live show? Modlife provides the opportunity to pay extra and get access to the usually off-limits soundcheck."

Lol.

Maybe it's not social media driven or whatever but it's still stupid. He's not providing anything any band couldn't do on their own.

Can we at least agree that the same person who's silly enough to pay extra to watch a soundcheck would also pay for Tom Delonge demos on vinyl?

"Modlife is a customizable software platform that streamlines the process of selling digital and physical product packages. Thinking about buying an iTunes album? Modlife will encourage that purchase with a hand-screened poster to go along with it. Want to see the live show? Modlife provides the opportunity to pay extra and get access to the usually off-limits soundcheck."

Lol.

Maybe it's not social media driven or whatever but it's still stupid. He's not providing anything any band couldn't do on their own.

Can we at least agree that the same person who's silly enough to pay extra to watch a soundcheck would also pay for Tom Delonge demos on vinyl?

Can we at least agree that you have some questionable records too so stop putting down someone who bought this?

Can we at least agree that you have some questionable records too so stop putting down someone who bought this?

Relax, it was joke. VC doesn't f around when it comes to anything Blink related.

BTW, it seems like you're more clued into my collection than I. Mind sending me a list so I can update my discogs profile?

Relax, it was joke. VC doesn't f around when it comes to anything Blink related.

BTW, it seems like you're more clued into my collection than I. Mind sending me a list so I can update my discogs profile?

I just think it is wrong that a mod of the community, someone who is supposed to uphold rules and set examples of how to act, is constantly shitting on other people's taste and acts better than others.

I just think it is wrong that a mod of the community, someone who is supposed to uphold rules and set examples of how to act, is constantly shitting on other people's taste and acts better than others.

Not my fault you take things too seriously. You can perceive my attitude however you want but I'm not going to put up a front so I'm more likable. In regards to judging other people's tastes, besides this $30 demo album the only thing I've made fun of recently is that dumbass LEGO OST pic disc. So [insert mouth-fart noise here].

More importantly a dude on the Internet who goes by Shitty Rambo shouldn't be anyone's role model. Ever. You're all (mostly) adults and know how to act, I highly doubt my sardonic commentary is negatively influencing anyone's behavior, and if it is, where are your parents?!

I think my gripe sits more with the fact that these are demos being pressed to vinyl. Money hungry or not, musical taste/preference aside, were talking about demos on vinyl. You purchase vinyl mostly for the enhanced sound quality right? I mean, at least I do. I know people buy vinyl for "the hobby" and to feel special beause they own every color pressing or the most limited color pressing with vinyl only artwork blah blah blah but if it sounds like crap what's the point right? Look up the definition of a music demo,

"One of the most important things to remember about a demo, especially when you are getting started, is that it is not intended to be a finished product. There is no need to spend a lot of money on a recording studio to make a demo. Labels expect your demo to be rough, and no one is going to give you a record deal (or turn you down) based on the recording quality of your demo."

Obviously his demos may not fall 100% into this definition but someone is using a medium ment for high quality audio and essentially pressing the most basic skeleton/mix/master of some songs and charging you 30 dollars for a single lp and cd after it was all supposed to be a free download? I think it's fair to say some, if not most people, would feel slighted by this. I don't think that's to say some people are wrong/dumb for buying it, hey if it's what you're into go for it, but I personally see this as a lazy way to make some money off of what you already have lying around.

Obviously his demos may not fall 100% into this definition but someone is using a medium ment for high quality audio and essentially pressing the most basic skeleton/mix/master of some songs and charging you 30 dollars for a single lp and cd after it was all supposed to be a free download? I think it's fair to say some, if not most people, would feel slighted by this. I don't think that's to say some people are wrong/dumb for buying it, hey if it's what you're into go for it, but I personally see this as a lazy way to make some money off of what you already have lying around.

This 100%.

If someone bought it, more power to you. I'm more upset that he realized he could make a ton of money on Songs Without A Home, so he changed it to a "solo" album of demos.

Not my fault you take things too seriously. You can perceive my attitude however you want but I'm not going to put up a front so I'm more likable. In regards to judging other people's tastes, besides this $30 demo album the only thing I've made fun of recently is that dumbass LEGO OST pic disc. So [insert mouth-fart noise here].

More importantly a dude on the Internet who goes by Shitty Rambo shouldn't be anyone's role model. Ever. You're all (mostly) adults and know how to act, I highly doubt my sardonic commentary is negatively influencing anyone's behavior, and if it is, where are your parents?!

Then just do your fucking job correctly. I dont care at all about Blink 182 or Tom Delonge, I just think you are an asshole on here who thinks they are better than everyone else. I never said you should be a role model, I just said you should do your job right.

Then just do your fucking job correctly. I dont care at all about Blink 182 or Tom Delonge, I just think you are an asshole on here who thinks they are better than everyone else. I never said you should be a role model, I just said you should do your job right.

Are you done yet? Jesus Christ. Get a hobby.

I think I've heard of vinyl(s). Where can one purchase such things? And would that Crosley suitcase thing at my local Hastings suffice?

I'd start at the most logical place to search for and purchase records, a clothing store. Try Urban Outfitters. While Hastings has a nice variety of top of the line CD/Radio/Record player combos, I'd suggest this little beauty... for on the go record playing-

soundwagon1.jpg

I'd start at the most logical place to search for and purchase records, a clothing store. Try Urban Outfitters. While Hastings has a nice variety of top of the line CD/Radio/Record player combos, I'd suggest this little beauty... for on the go record playing-

Don't forget to take pictures of your fresh new record when you get home, preferably placing said record directly on a dirty hadwood floor or holding it up to the light with your fingers all over the grooves to show off that sweet transparent splatter

Don't forget to take pictures of your fresh new record when you get home, preferably placing said record directly on a dirty hadwood floor or holding it up to the light with your fingers all over the grooves to show off that sweet transparent splatter

My hadwood floors are exceptionally clean.