Yeah, for sure. 

Part of me is kicking myself for not waiting for the white to hit the US since it's $20 cheaper, but it's my only Marina record that has shipped so far.

Also, it's totally hypocritical for me to say this because I still shop there despite my opinions...but Urban Outfitters is everything Marina hates in the world. I know it's not really her decision, but it just seems weird for something so special to her to be exclusively released there.

I don't think she specifically has beef with UO, but they are a terrible TERRIBLE company. From offensive, racist, sexist material to blatantly ripping off artists...they've pretty much made every bad business move in the world.

I just can't see her wanting to be associated with a company like that, especially after all her comments about how distasteful Terry Richardson (they support his work often) is. But like I said, it was probably also a label move. They let her have a lot of freedom with this album but with Charlie XCX and Lana Del Rey going the Urban Exclusive route...they likely wanted to follow for marketing toward that demographic.

For the 'diamond white' LP, be prepared to be underwhelmed with the flimsy vinyl :/ Also, mine arrived damaged. 2" seam split, crushed spine, massive corner bend - if the same packaging is used for overseas shipping too (thin cruciform, no stiffener), good luck! I'm UK.

Back to the vinyl, reminds me of those late 80's CBS 12"s that you could almost fold back on themselves without breaking - both the record and the sleeve; so thin. I'm a cynical old git, but this just smacks to me of the same old major label vinyl cash-in practice - press as cheap as possible for maximum markup. 4AD\XL\Mute etc regularly do 180g solid presses in quality sturdy sleeves and inners for less than I paid for this LP. FROOT pancakes anyone?

I'm returning this and will wait to feel the heft of a black vinyl instore before purchasing again.

Just of curiosity I searched MATD on eBay and some dickhead is trying to flip the vinyl boxsets for $300! That's more than 3 times the price. I really hate that and I feel terrible for the fans that I know will buy them. She has such a loyal fanbase and I have no doubt they will pay those prices. It sucks :(

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my Diamond White copy from the UK, definitely would have been better off waiting for the American press.

Good news is that it arrived unscathed, not even a seam split OR corner bend. However, it's by far the flimsiest record in all aspects in my collection. Definitely a bummer.

• 1 month later...

I went to UO yesterday and got my copy on white vinyl. It was just weird because usually UO exclusives have a sticker on them stating what the exclusive vinyl color was but this one didn't. And my copy has surface noise and pops like crazy....not impressed. Anyone in the U.S. Get their vinyl boxsets yet? Still waiting on mine.