PO Now: Vennart - The Demon Joke (Mike Vennart from Oceansize / Biffy Clyro Solo Album)

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Sasan said:

What?

nevermind, checked FB. Thx for the heads up

Man, I was just waiting and waiting to order it on the first print but figured I'd wait until after the holidays and get it.  But once the preorder closed, it went straight to Out of Stock.  

I won't be waiting around on this one.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Think someone said it's been confirmed as  "in the pipeline" by Mike. Probably in the British Theatre thread. It's the only album of theirs that I'm missing so I want it hard too.

Mike confirmed it on Twitter, as did (Arkive? - who handles Beggars Banquet's old stuff).  Mike has been talking about sending the masters out for remastering, which is why he posted this old  track list.  Apparently  when they sent Effloresce in  the first time, the final track list is what was in that picture - preliminary  names and all.

Just sat back at my desk wondering at what point I'd go "no, that's too expensive" to an Effloresce reissue. There isn't an answer, it turns out. 

Just sat back at my desk wondering at what point I'd go "no, that's too expensive" to an Effloresce reissue. There isn't an answer, it turns out. 

13 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Nice. I've been jumping from Effloresce to Home And Minor all week on the i-pod. I'd love to see their EPs or a boxset of rarities happen one day but chalking that up as an impossible dream at this point.

Home & Minor would also have no cut-off point. Such a beautiful EP. 

Just now, Mattallurgist said:

Home & Minor would also have no cut-off point. Such a beautiful EP. 

Yeah I'm hard pushed to think of my personal cut off point for either. Don't think they'll ever bother doing Home And Minor at this stage though.

7 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Yeah I'm hard pushed to think of my personal cut off point for either. Don't think they'll ever bother doing Home And Minor at this stage though.

Mike said that EP wasn't as well received as they had hoped, so there isn't much label support for a vinyl issue of it.

But money talks and if this reissue goes well, which it will, we could start bugging Superball about it.