The Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon/Red House Painters thread

Ok just an update. You guys may want to message them through Instagram. I received a reply the other day saying they wanted my # and would add me to a list when these came available. Well, I just got off the phone with them and scored all 3 . $39.99 each plus $5 shipping per album. I  was NOT going to even argue the shipping considering I might finally own AFP for CHEAP! Picked up the other two for holiday gifts ..

So get your shit together and send Luna a msg...

Good luck!

1 minute ago, bigdz68 said:

Ok just an update. You guys may want to message them through Instagram. I received a reply the other day saying they wanted my # and would add me to a list when these came available. Well, I just got off the phone with them and scored all 3 . $39.99 each plus $5 shipping per album. I  was NOT going to even argue the shipping considering I might finally own AFP for CHEAP! Picked up the other two for holiday gifts ..

So get your shit together and send Luna a msg...

Good luck!

Bullmoose tweeted this earlier this morning...

Think we may be seeing some of his releases hitting more retail outlets soon. 

59 minutes ago, kisol said:

Think we may be seeing some of his releases hitting more retail outlets soon. 

this makes no sense.  AFP is 6 years old why would copies just start popping up?  i also dont understand why luna is selling for $40 in store and $120 on discogs

Also, Luna has always had a direct line on MK stuff, didnt they have an exclusive Benji?  Im also convinced thats where all the "promo" copies of all the SKM stuff comes from

1 minute ago, shamrocks said:

this makes no sense.  AFP is 6 years old why would copies just start popping up?  i also dont understand why luna is selling for $40 in store and $120 on discogs

Also, Luna has always had a direct line on MK stuff, didnt they have an exclusive Benji?  Im also convinced thats where all the "promo" copies of all the SKM stuff comes from

Who knows...Maybe they found a box?

Im just happy to have the damn thing. $40 is a drop in the bucket considering the cost now. Same thing happened to me with TRON though. Found one local in a store for $35 and enjoyed the hell out of it... a year later they found some...then began repress! Either way...what a fucking great start to the day!

6 minutes ago, shamrocks said:

It was a guess based on the cryptic tweet from the Bullmoose Vinyl account and the sudden availability at Luna.  Pretty sure 6 year old albums can be repressed. You yourself said Luna has a direct line to MK stuff...

Edited by kisol

yeah certainly happy for everyone here, and if we are talking about represses thats a different story entirely.  maybe they did just have some extra AFP (there are about 2500 out there i think) and benji (probably 3-4K with all the pressings) and the SKM/album leaf seems to be pretty easy to get ahold of, so its not crazy that they just found some, just surprising that LUNA would be selling this this cheaply to online customers given this

https://www.discogs.com/seller/LUNAmusic/profile?utm_campaign=sell_email_new&ev=wh_new&utm_medium=email&utm_source=relationship&format=Vinyl&q=sun+kil+moon